+ Reply to Thread

Thread: concerned about safety of my child

concerned about safety of my child

With many instances of child abuse on the rise, I am quite skeptical of sending my child to school. Recently there was news of a child being molested in school bus also. With such threats to child safety, how can i send my child to school, but there is no other option left also. I am concerned. What are your views?

it is your right to be concerned about the safety of your child. For any parent, the safety of child is of utmost importance. But I think that you are taking it too far. the cases of molestation are one and off. you can try to ensure the safety of your kid by taking precautions.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I am also a concerned mother but we cannot prevent our kids from going out. I ensure the safety of my child by taking all the necessary precautions. In our school bus, there is a lady attended who takes care of the kids. The number of attended and bus driver is with all the parents so we can track their movement. I think there is some risk but that we have to do.

Parents can teach their children safe behaviors before enrolling them in school. Children who know the appropriate action to take in a given situation are less likely to expose themselves to danger.They should teach them not to talk to the strangers. Encourage your children to get to know school staff other than their teachers and get acquainted with them yourself. Familiarity helps children recognize adults who don't belong, as well as adults who can offer help when needed.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Encourage your children to stay close to friends and to walk in groups in school hallways.Suggest that they limit their restroom visits to recess and breaks and use facilities located in high-traffic areas or in areas more likely to be visited by staff.

Hi, every mother is concerned about the child's safety due to increasing crimes nowadays. But you cannot restrict your child to go out. What you can do is that you can apply some security to them like try and take them along with you when going out. Don't send them alone. Let them learn that always be in crowdy place rather than isolated place. Hang out in groups and avoid going out at nights. Keep a check on their bus driver and conductor. Keep their phone numbers with you always.