+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buying dresses for toddler

Buying dresses for toddler

Which type of clothes should I buy for my year old daughter? I like frilly dresses and princess type dresses. Toddlers look cute in such dresses and so I am thinking of buying such dresses for my toddler.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Toddlers have soft delicate skin so they need soft and comfortable clothes. Agreed that toddlers look super cute in frilly and princess dresses but they are not at all comfortable.

Please do not buy such dresses as they are highly uncomfortable. They are not made from natural fibers and they may cause itchiness or rashes also. Babies have delicate skin and such type of clothes are not suitable for them.

I had bought many such dresses for my daughter when she was small. Even she got many such dresses in gifts also but she hardly wore any of them. When I made her wear such dresses, she used to cry a lot and tried to take off the dress. So I would suggest do not go by the looks but by the comfort factor.

i agree that toddlers have very delicate skin and need something comfortable. I recently bought some very cute dresses for my daughter from chicco's new spring summer collection. The fabric of dresses are very soft and delicate and above all my daughter loves it. It's comfortable and very trendy.

Hi Krishna, Babies are very delicate and so is their skin. So, you should never go for frilly clothes as it can irritate them and cause rashes on their delicate skin. Yes, they look cute but they are not good for babies' skin. Go for cotton and loose clothes.