+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to know that todddler is full

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

How to know that todddler is full

My toddler does not like having solids. I tried giving him different types of foods but still he does not seem to like so I have no other option but to force feed him. I want to know that how do I know that how will I know that he is full and not want more?

This is a concern for most parents. Mothers especially think that their child is still hungry and go on force feeding him. It comes with experience and you will soon come to know that when your child is hungry and when full.

If your baby eagerly accepts the food, then it means that he is still hungry. Don’t go overboard the first time and offer a little more each time. Gradually increase the amount you give baby until you are offering a quarter-cup or more at a time. Introduce your baby to the new tastes and textures of solid foods.

Erratic eating patterns are common in toddlers. They may take a couple tablespoons one day and only a teaspoon the next. Relax and realize that you can't control your child's every mouthful. Don't force-feed a baby. Know when enough is enough.