+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer camps and kids

Summer camps and kids

During summer vacations, all the friends of my son get into some class or camp. Getting into summer camps have become a prestige issue. I do not enroll my son into any camp as we go to our native place during vacations. When his friends speak to him about their camp activities, he feels a little left out. How can I explain him?

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Summer camps are for those parents and kids who have nothing to do during the long vacations. Mostly working parents prefer to enroll their kids into summer camps as they want them to be occupied. You can explain your son that he need not feel sad as he is enjoying his vacations with his loved ones.

Rightly said! There’s no need to feel left out as each one has a different way of spending and enjoying the vacations. You son is lucky to spend time away from his home but with his cousins and other near ones. He can explore many new things.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Native place has so much to offer. I remember I used to climb trees, pluck fruits and vegetables directly from plants and got to know a lot about nature, different insects during my visit to my native place. I actually got to see nature from close quarters which we miss in cities. There is so much more to learn as compared to summer camps.