+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single Parents at Bangalore

Smile Single Parents at Bangalore

Hi,

I'm a Single Parent to my boy child. Spinster by choice. He was adopted. I would like to connect to anyone with similar background which I feel can be of a good support for my child to understand the reality.

Hi Sivapriya,

Nice connecting to you. Its a remarkable deed that you have done by adopting a child. I appreciate your courage in adopting a child in spite of having taken a tough decision of being a spinster. You are a role model to many women like me. Society is now open to single moms. Many celebrities are also opting for being a single parent. My cousin sister is a single parent by choice. She wanted to take care of our parents and hence didn't marry. But she adopted a baby girl as she wanted to become a parent. She was supported by her parents and other relatives and now many are looking upto her. Initially she had to face a lot of troubles in adoption as the law is more stringent for single parents. She had to wait for a long time to be able to take her baby home but the wait was worth waiting for. She also had to face questions from some friends and neighbours but I guess this is a part of society. Now the baby is 3 years old and she got her admitted to a kindergarten. During admissions also she had to face problems as the normal procedure is to have Father's name on the form. At every step she had to face questions regarding her decision. Raising up a small baby indeed takes a lot of efforts and she had to spent many sleepless nights in taking care of the baby. Now she is enjoying her motherhood. She has never been so happier in life as she is now. I feel that you must have also gone through the same and parental support during this time helps in dealing with all the hardships.

Hi Palak Dalvi,

I'm so glad to get connected to you. Thank you so much for your inspiring comments. My son is 2.8 years old and am yet to put him in kindergarten. I understand a single mother, especially a spinster has a lot to face from society. But nowadays, as you rightly pointed out the society is supportive to single moms and moreover we live for ourselves and not for others, right ! I wish all success to your cousin sister and yourself.

By the way, where are you from ? let us talk frequently. Bye...

Hi,

Thanks for your wishes Sivapriya. Nice to hear from you again. Really feels great to get connected through such a platform where we can share our views and learn a lot from each other. Indeed it is a tough journey for a woman and especially for a single mom but now due to changing mindsets, this has become lot easier. My husband has a transferable job and so we keep moving from one city to another. At present I am in Chandigarh but pretty sure to move into another city in a month or two.

I have seen my cousin struggling with different issues while raising her child. Fulfilling the needs of a child single-handedly is a greater challenge for a woman. When her baby was ill, she used to take an off from work so that she could be with her. She used to take her daughter out everyday in the evening after she came home from office. She tried spending as much time as possible with her daughter so that they both enjoy the joys of togetherness. One thing that I found remarkable about her was that she always read out a bedtime story to her daughter. Now the little one is a master of stories and can make stories herself. Her language and vocabulary is also very good as compared to kids of her age. I feel that we as a parents must do all this and try to spend quality time with our children.

Hoping to connect again and wishing you luck as you raise your son single-handedly.

jackb's Avatar Junior Member
    The price of a Siberian Husky puppy highly depends on the breeder
    and the region you are getting it from.
    On average, a Siberian Husky Price In India
    will cost around ₹30,000 to ₹50,000.

AMRITSAR WEATHER WEATHER REPORT ACCORDING TO PREVIOUS YEARS

Buland Darwaza की ऊंचाई कितनी है? or कैसे खो गया?

Best & Rare Coffee Mug of 2021 which are General and Pets Friendly.

The Golden Retriever dog breed is popular dog breeds in the world.
    Do you want to understand and know about the Golden Retriever Price In India .

Kamakya of Kamakya Temple is known as the ‘Queen of Gods’.

राजस्थान के Bhangarh Kila का रहस्य

Mumbai Lake Levels 2020 – Mumbai Receives Highest Rainfall

Amritsar Weather , Punjab पिछले वर्षों के अनुसार

Husky Dog Price In India varies from city to city.
    Siberian husky is a working breed of dog that has medium-sized.

The Indus River is among the LONGEST RIVER IN INDIA
    of the Indo-Greek Plains in the Indian Subcontinent.

Lambasingi की यात्रा का सबसे अच्छा समय क्या है?