+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remedy for bedwetting

Remedy for bedwetting

My son has a habit of bedwetting. I have tried many methods but still he wets the bed. How can I get rid of this habit? I am thinking of giving drugs for bedwetting. Anmy suggestions or personal experiences.

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Homeopathy has treatment for Bed-wetting, try visiting a good doctor for considering this issue, I am sure you will get a solution to your problem, and this stream of medication is safe too.

the treatment of bed wetting depends..how old is your child? if he is young then its pretty normal and you just have to follow the tips that every mom needs to.. This is a link of an indiaparenting article which explains it very well.. hope it helps you!
    Understanding Bedwetting in Children

If your child is older - then this article is also good - Bedwetting in Older Children.

dont resort to medication unless its the last resort!
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 16-04-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Physicians are careful to take a medical history and rule out medical causes, such as constipation or infection. Most bedwetting is what doctors call primary enuresis, meaning the child has always wet the bed. Doctors think it’s usually caused by a delay in the maturation of the mechanisms controlling the bladder.

But if bedwetting occurs after the child has been dry for a year or so, it’s termed secondary enuresis, and doctors must look more closely at the cause. Secondary enuresis could occur with psychological stress or trauma, and the child may need counseling or other treatment.

If no medical or psychological causes for bedwetting can be found, the family can move on to ways to help the child stop bedwetting.

great explanation piyush.. thanks.. my son also wets his bed.. he is 7 years now.. but he doesnt wet the bed all the time.. just when he has had a very long tiring day..

Drugs for bed wetting should never be taken. They have many side effects. Earlier drugs used for treating bedwetting were antidepressants and they used to cause rashes, irritability and had other side effects also. Though there are some drugs for controlling bed wetting but I would advise you to not to use them.

Was your child earlier dry and has recently started bed wetting? If yes, then see a doctor to find out the reason. It may be that he has a small bladder or it may be hereditary. If someone in the family had, then your son must have got it from there. So basically find the reason first before going in for the treatment.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Be sure that he does not have a medical problem behind bedwetting. Try natural methods to treat bedwetting such as avoid giving him too much of liquids at night, emptying his bladder before he goes to bed.

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    If the problem is getting on your nerves then Homeopathy has treatment for the cause, which is safe and effective