+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pain after delivery

Pain after delivery

I had thought of my post delivery period as being a happy phase without any discomfort and aches or pains. Now even after having a baby, I am not able to experience a day without pain and aches. There is terrible discomfort during breastfeeding. I get menstrual cramp like pain when I breastfeed my baby. Is this normal or is there any problem?

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

cause of pain after delivery

During the first few days to weeks after delivery, menstrual-like cramps in your uterus is normal. Breastfeeding helps shrink the uterus, and the cramps are due to shrinking of uterus.once the uterus is back to normal, you will feel absolutely fine.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

cause of pain after delivery

The pain you experience is transitory. Once the baby starts feeding properly, you will not feel the pain. These pains are known as after pains and a sign of telling that you are recovering from childbirth. If you feel pain in the breasts, then it couls be due to sore breasts, infection or blocked ducts.

After delivery pain

Cramps are most noticeable in the first few days. They are often felt most strongly while you breastfeed. Breastfeeding helps your uterus contract and get smaller. They usually disappear after the first week.You will also feel soreness and swelling in the perineum area which will go away gradually.