+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to prevent preschooler from being bullied

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

how to prevent preschooler from being bullied

I have heard a lot about bullying in schools and my friend told me that it sometimes is prevalent in preschools also. I am worried. How can i prevent my kid from being bullied so that he enjoys his preschool years.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I am in the same situation as my 3 yr old kid says that he does not like his school. He hates one of his classmates and does not want to go to school bcos of him. When i asked him the reason for this, he said because that kid always does mean things to him and makes fun of him. I was quite surprised to hear this as i never thought that bullying is prevalent at such a young age.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Children shouldn't be expected to deal with bullies on their own. It's a great way to help a little kid learn, and it'll boost your child's confidence. Tell your kid to ignore the bully as many times this works.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Bullies try to isolate certain kids so they can pick on them. So advice your kid to be in a group or complain the teacher. set up a meeting with the teacher. She may be unaware of the situation so make sure she hears you out.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Bullying starts at any stage I heard my son telling about incidents since playschools and now when he is in Nursery still he comes up with incidents - First of all Talking to your child is very important, Talking on any issue and then listening to even a small little thing from your child makes your child understand that he can share anything with you, and when he tells you - then you can guide him way to handle the situation.
    Your child should know that teacher is his best friend - and he should inform anything wrong being done with him to the teacher, so that he gets a solution there and then. but if he tells you about it let the school authorities know bout it to take a action.