+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting rid of nail biting habit

Getting rid of nail biting habit

My daughter has a nailbiting habit. Anytime when she is sitting idle, she is biting her nails. Her nails are always kept short but still she bites them and sometimes blood also comes out. I also have this habit so most probably she got it from me. but I do not want her to have this habit. I tried to explain her but she's not listening.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    How old is your daughter? If she is young, then it will be easy for you to rid her of this habit. You can put something bitter on her fingers and nails so that when she puts in her mouth, she will be repelled to do again. You can also bandage her hands when she is continuously doing.

Nail biting in children is often a sign of anxiety or insecurity. Talk to her about this habit. She will surely listen to you. Else give her an alternative. By the time she grows up, she will get rid of her habit of nail biting.

I am also in the same situation. My son is always biting his nails. It more when he is anxious or nervous. If you get success then do also tell me.