+ Reply to Thread

Thread: colic in babies

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

colic in babies

My baby is forever crying. i think he has colic but I am unable to find the reason for his being colic. could my diet be affecting him or are there any other reasons?

Watch out your diet. it may be causing colic in your baby. It is thought that traces of some food and drink in your breastmilk may cause colic. These include spicy food, wheat products, onions, garlic, legumes, cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli) and alcohol. Try cutting out these items in your diet one at a time to see if it makes a difference to your baby’s colic. If the colic improves, then you know the cause.

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

colic in babies

If your baby is bottle-fed, then it may also lead to colic. Babies swallow a lot of air during bottle feeding and this may cause irritation. Try switching formulas to see if that's the irritant. And whether your baby is breastfed or bottle-fed, be sure to burp him during and after feedings. This will help relieve the pressure that builds up when he swallows air. Be careful not to over-feed your baby as this may worsen the discomfort.

possible causes of colic in babies are

suffering from painful gas
    baby is overstimulated or tired
    mother;s diet that might have irritated the baby

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Probably if you are feeding milk to your baby through bottle then I guess the vacuum created in the bottle prevents the smooth and controlled flow of milk while the baby is feeding can also cause abdominal colic. So for this doctors suggests to opt for bottles that are Anti-Colic. I also bought one Anti-Colic bottle from Reebaby. So try this if you are interested. Their site is reebaby .in