+ Reply to Thread

Thread: too much sleep

too much sleep

My baby sleeps too much. I have to literally wake him up for feeds. He is three weeks old but I feel that he sleeps too much. After a bath, he just droops off without feeding. Is this normal?

It is quite normal for babies to sleep too much. It is a good sign of normal development. Try to get him weighed frequently to ensure that he is gaining weight as babies who are heavy sleepers generally have low intake and this might interfere in their weight gain.

schedule your baby's feedings at least every three hours during the day. take charge of the feeding routine and continue to awaken your baby for meals every three hours during the day. otherwise he may have weight issues. In addition to insuring that your baby gets adequate food, it's also important to make sure he gets enough touch.

it's good that your baby has good sleeping pattern. I think you are lucky. My three week old baby hardly sleeps. she sometimes takes a nap of about an hour after bath and that's it. whole day she is awake and I have difficulty in managing her and balancing other chores. Do not worry, you are lucky, enjoy your free time now.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Sleep in babies

I don't think too much of sleep in babies is a problem. It is quite normal for some babies to sleep for a longer time. You must consult your doctor to find more about it.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Baby not sleeping

Hi if your baby is sleeping too much it is good...my baby does not sleep and I do not get any sleep at night. Please give suggestions to make baby sleep properly and have a good sleeping patter for baby.

Thank you for the efforts you put in to make your website interesting and informative. I will visit the site again to gather some more valuable information. You really did a good job.
    fnaf