+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cause of postpartum hemorrhage

Cause of postpartum hemorrhage

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my second baby. During my first delivery, I had postpartum hemorrhage. I lost a lot of blood and was very scared. Actually everything was alright but after 7-8 hrs after delivery, I started bleeding. why this happened, i am still under dark but am unable to forget that incident. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so why was it and will it again happen during second delivery?

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Chances of post[partum hemorrhage

I had also the same experience. It can happen anytime and with any number of pregnancies. In my case I had retained a small piece of placenta, which was the cause of postpartum hemorrhage. I needed a transfusion also.I didn't have that with my other two pregnancies but I don't think that the odds are great of it happening again.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

postpartum hemorrhage chances

The chances of having postpartum hemorrhagic in second delivery are not rare. you can do something to prevent this problem from happening again. Do consult with your doctor as she can advise you properly.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

postpartum hemorrhage chances

every pregnancy is different. Just because you had trouble with the first pregnancy, it does not mean that the next one will also be same or anything like it. Do try to find the reason of postpartum haemorrhage in your first case. Some induction drugs can cause hemorrhaging. Retaining of placenta is also a common cause so it would be better if you find the cause in your case.