+ Reply to Thread

Thread: daughter is very shy

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

daughter is very shy

My 3 year old daughter is very shy. she does not mix with other kids of her age. She does not like to go out to play. Even if i take her out to a park, she will just cling to me and not play with other kids. In her preschool also, she does not speak to anybody and not even to her teacher. When teacher asks her something, she keeps quite. At home she is very talkative but she speaks only to persons she is close with, like me, her father and grandparents. so she is having an extreme case of shyness. how can I make her more free.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    it happens that some kids are very shy. they need to open up and it is a challenge for parents to help them in opening up. you should never force your child into something as then she will further withdraw into the shell. What you can do is encourage her to be a part of a group by being the part of that group. You should take initiative by playing with other kids.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I can understand your concern. Even my daughter was very shy and even now she is still shy. But there has been a considerable change in her attitude and now she can make friends though not so easily. when she was in preschool, she hardly spoke and even in her year primary school years, she did not speak. I used to hear complaints about her as she never spoke. Gradually I explained to her, the need of making friends, speaking and how to get rid of shyness. she took a long time but she opened. hope same works for you.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    have patience, with time and as she grows up, she will be more open. you have yo be with her at every step, encouraging her to speak and make friends. Do not ever tell her that she is shy but always try to encourage her every effort. Every small effort also counts.