+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C-section delivery

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

C-section delivery

Please share your experiences of c-section deliveries. I am thinking of going in for a c-section as i have zeroed in an auspicious date for my baby.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

C-section delivery

c-section deliveries are a good option as they give you the freedom to choose your date, time and day. I had a c-section delivery on 12-12-12. It was considered a lucky day and I also had checked this with my astrologer. I felt very happy and my baby was also healthy. I did not face any serious health issues or other problems during or after delivery. so I would suggest you to go ahead.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

normal delivery better

c-section is good but it has many risks also. I would suggest you to go for normal delivery. Normal is always better than assisted ones. Moreover there is no such thing as lucky day or auspicious time. The actual time of baby's birth is used in astrological predictions.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

C-section delivery

I had a c-section delivery and my after experience was not so good. I had trouble in sitting and feeding my baby due to the stitches. I also got an infection in the stitches area so it took longer to heal. I was in terrible pain. I do not know how i passed those few months. I took a long time to completely recover.

A caesarean or C-Section delivery is a delivery where the baby is delivered through surgical incision. There is an incision made through the mother’s abdomen and the uterus. C- Section is mostly done in advanced if there are any complication or if the mother wishes to have an early birth.

Sometimes a women requires a c- section before going into labour if you have already had a caesarean section before which has a vertical incision. As you have vertical incisions it is a risk that your uterus might rupture if you opt for a normal delivery.

If you have had a c- section previously but with a horizontal incision then you can have a normal delivery and the risks of rupturing the uterus are quite less. If you are expecting twins then in most of the cases c-section is preferred. If you have had any invasive surgeries in the past such as myomectomy then c-section is prefered.

If you are diabetic your baby is mostly expected to be very big, which is a condition called as macrosomia. If the previous baby which you had was smaller in size or had some serious trauma during vaginal birth, than in all these cases caesarean section is done.

In some cases there are babies who have their heads down, this mostly happens if you have twins your baby is in breech or transverse means in the sideways position. The breech baby can be delivered vaginally but transverse baby cannot, hence c- section is done.

C-section is also done if you have a lower placenta in your uterus which is covered with cervix or if you have a large fibroid which is causing obstruction and making vaginal delivery difficult. If the baby has abnormalities of defects and normal delivery is risky then c-section is done.

If you are an HIV positive and are badly infected, your doctor will schedule a c-section after you complete 39 weeks of pregnancy. This is done so that the baby is healthy and fit before it is born.

C-section is done by giving anesthesia, then the doctor will make a horizontal incision through the abdomen. Slowly cutting through the uterus separating through the abdominal muscles and then the baby is removed.