+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fear of labour pain

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

fear of labour pain

I am very afraid of labour. I have seen women in labour screaming and in lot of pain. I do not think I would be able to handle labour pains. Is there any other alternative to labour pains in pregnancy?

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

labour pains

Do not worry, you will be able to handle the pains easily. In the early first stage of labour, contractions feel like mild cramps. Later contractions will be stronger and more uncomfortable. You may experience discomfort in your back and abdomen and pressure in your pelvis. The intensity of your contractions will progress as your labour progresses. but this soon passes off. You should distract your mind and do breathing exercises.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

labour pain fears

You have to bear the labour pains. there is no other option as such. Some people think a caesarean birth is easier and less painful than a labour and vaginal birth. Caesarean births have risks and also takes longer to recover postdelivery. There are chances of infection also. f you’re afraid of a long and painful labour, talk to your doctor

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

options for labour pain relief

You can have pain relief medication to help you bear the labour pains but they are not always a good idea. It is better to manage the pains through different techniques such as breathing exercises, supportive partner, warm baths, hypnosis, ice packs and so on. Even acupressure also helps a lot.