+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pregnancy with diabetes

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Pregnancy with diabetes

I am a diabetic and taking medicine to control my blood sugar levels. I am planning to have a baby. What preparations should I have to ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby? Do I need to continue with the medicine?

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    As you mentioned that you have diabetes, so it will be best for you to talk to your doctor about having a baby. Your doctor can help you by normalizing your blood sugar levels before pregnancy. It is better to have normal blood sugar levels before trying to get pregnant to prevent complications.

Before planning to have a baby, it is better to be prepared for it by making certain changes in your lifestyle. Being diabetic you need to control your blood sugar levels. High blood glucose levels can be harmful to the baby in the first few weeks of pregnancy so controlling before getting pregnant is the best way out. Consulting your doctor would be the best choice for you as your doctor knows you and your health better. If planning for a baby, she may prescribe you different set of medicines also.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Having diabetes means a high risk pregnancy. So there is more risk of having problems during pregnancy. You need to pay attention to your health by making lifestyle and dietary changes. Keeping the blood glucose as close to normal before planning to have a baby, gives enough time for your body to recover and be prepared for pregnancy. You have to adhere to a proper meal plan, do some regular physical activity and stick to your medicines to reach your blood glucose targets before trying for a baby.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    ya,, diabetes is the problem for the pregnancy. take care friend. as said pls consult the good doctor and go for your pregnancy as per the doctors advise. God bless