+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long term protection

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Long term protection

Implants are a good method for women who want a long term contraceptive, as each implant lasts for three years. It is easily removed and quickly reversible. I have been using them since a long time and have no side effects. They are good for long term protection and are hassle free.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Implants not good

I do not agree. I had opted for the implant but had too much bleeding and then I had to resort to other methods of contraception. There are other side effects also. They can move from its original position under the skin.Period can become irregular or stop altogether.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Implants not so good

Implants may be good for some women but for many others, they can cause absence of periods or heavy bleeding. they also do not provide protection against HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Contraceptive methods choice

Every contraceptive method has its pros and cons. it is for an individual to decide the method of contraception. some methods are suitable for some while they may work excellently in others. It is better to consult a doctor before choosing a method of contraception for long term protection.