+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to control chocolate cravings while dieting?

Exclamation How to control chocolate cravings while dieting?

How can I control my chocolate cravings while dieting??? I follow my diet perfectly but I can't stop eat chocolate! That's the only place I go wrong and so my dieting is useless... what can I eat instead of chocolate that will trick my body and taste buds into thinking that I am eating chocolate????

Hi

whenever you feel like having chocolate, have a spoon of honey or have 2 dates, or have some dry fruits like almonds and walnuts. They will help reduce your cravings.. I know this because like you, im an INSANE chocoholic! My mood goes up if I have chocolate and im at my most dangerous when I havent had chocolate. But it became easier for me to control my cravings once i started work.. So i would suggest that along with the above suggestions, you keep yourself busy and dont let any form of chocolate remain in your house to eat in your weak moments! ALL the BEST!!

Lightbulb Bournville

Hi. Why dont you keep a slab of Bournville dark chocolate at home? Whenever you get chocolate cravings, have one piece of it. It is dark chocolate hence it is very good for your body. Its not as fattening as other chocolates so if you are having just 1 piece, then I think your diet is still safe..

A little a day

The reason why we crave chocolate is because, on consumption, it releases endorphins, or feel-good hormones that make us feel naturally high and elated. Its hard to stop consumption of something that makes you happy, but the key is moderation.
    One small square of a chocolate bar, eaten every day, is not bad for you. Infact, it wont even deter your weight-loss efforts.
    But, remember - just one small piece, everyday.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

combine foods

The best way to eat chocolate whilst nourishing your body is by combining it with healthy foodstuff. For eg, a chocolate coated kiwi (the fruit), chocolate chip granola bars, chocolate chip wheat cereal, etc. This way, you get your chocolate fix while being healthy.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Dark chocolate

Switch to dark chocolate and indulge guilt-free! Dark chocolate, or bitter chocolate, has much less sugar and FAR more anti-oxidants than regular chocolate. So you can happily treat yourself everyday. I love lindt, or bourneville for the more reasonably priced version,

Alternate sources of sugar

A peanut butter/nutella sandwich or a banana is much better, as it increases blood sugar gradually, rather than the quick fix hit of chocolate. Learn to anticipate your weak craving moments and have other healthy alternatives, such as nuts or fruit. This way, your body will gradually adjust to the lack of chocolate in its daily routine.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

I love cocoa

We, as humans, are programmed to have sweet cravings. It is our bodys way of telling us that we need sugar (which, simply put, is energy). So, give in to your cravings, but only a little. Bingeing is never the answer, and a little chocolate a day never harmed anyone

we r married couple and looking for egg donation. the identity will kept secreat and the doner will be compensatate for the noble couse. kindly contact nine seven three one five three five three eight zero

You should just find the alternative to the chocolate. It could be the dates, for example

Well, chocolate is good in many ways, the problem is that it is processed chocolate, you should change to organic chocolate with that you would do less damage to your diet and you could follow it without a problem. I buy mine on this website, it is very good. I recommend and with this you will not feel guilty