+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buying Feeding Equipment for a Baby

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Buying Feeding Equipment for a Baby

Which are the must have feeding equipment for a baby? How to buy feeding equipment for a baby? How to take care of baby’s feeding equipment?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 04-06-2014 at 12:50 PM.

If the baby is on breastfeed and the mom is working, breast pumps are a must. These help you extract milk and store it in a feeding bottle. So when you are in office and the baby needs a feed he can feed on breast milk and not formula feed. From my personal experience, I used manual breast pump from Chicco and it was very helpful. Cleaning the equipment is easy too, all mentioned in the manual when you buy it.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Feeding bottles of different sizes are a must for newborn baby. Even if breastfeeding, sometimes the need may arise for bottle feeding. It is better to go for glass bottles as they are BPA free but they are fragile so look for plastic bottles that are BPA free. Bottle brushes and sterilizing equipment are also needed for cleaning the bottle properly. Along with these teats are a must have and proper size should be considered.

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Right Hetal! While buying feeding equipment for baby, check for BPA free plastics. Glass is not the right option for kids and moreover plastic is quite handy and easy to clean. Plastic bottles or other feeding equipment should be used for a limited time and then discarded. Plastic on reacting with hot water or milk can give rise to harmful products so it is better to use them with care.

Breast pump is also a must have equipment as it helps in storing breast milk and then using it later on demand. As the baby grows, sippers and feeding spoons and bowls are also needed.

For a newborn baby, not much of feeding equipment is needed as the baby is exclusively breastfed. One or two feeding bottles of good quality and few teats are all that is needed. For cleaning and sterilizing the feeding equipment, a sterilizer and bottle brushes are needed. That's it. too much of equipment are a waste at this stage. They will be seldom used.

This question worried me before the birth of my child, which bottle to choose with a narrow neck or a wide one. And having studied this problem well, I realized that for each baby it is individual and that the baby adapts to everything. The only caveat is that the bottle must be spitting up. Check more info about it here