+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my brother-in-law smokes in front of my child

Question my brother-in-law smokes in front of my child

my son thinks my wife's brother (my bro-in-law) is the best and coolest person around. but my brother-in-law is a bad influence as he smokes in front of my child. i don't want my child to think it is a good habit to have.
    but i am worried that if i ask him not to smoke, he will feel bad and so will my wife. should i talk to him about it or should i just leave it?

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    you should first talk to your wife. she will understand your concerns. As a growing child gets more influenced from his surroundings so this smoking habit is a serious concern for your son. your wife can handle the situation much better so i think you can share your concerns with her.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    i agree with sumant. your wife can speak to her brother and he will surely respect her wishes. Indeed it is not nice to smoke in front of kids as they have impressionable minds. Better stop now or it will be too late.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    try to put your concerns before your brother in law but in a subtle manner so that neither your wife nor he gets offended. You can tell him that he can smoke when the kid is not around. he will surely understand.