+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IVF And PGD thalassemia Carrier

IVF And PGD thalassemia Carrier

Hi,
    My name is Soumik Barman. I am 34 yrs old and my DH is 30. We have been married for number of years and actively trying for baby for last 4 years. I am diagnosed thalassemia carrier so as my wife. I am thinking of going for PGD and IVF.

• Can any of you suggest me a good IVF hospitals or clinics (with PGD facility) in India?
    • How much does it usually cost for IVF? And PGD?
    • After the IVF procedure (around 4 months in to pregnancy), will the hospital allow me to come back to my native place?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. a
    Thanks,
    Soumik

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Soumik,

Same thing was there in my brother in law's case. both he and his wife were thalassemia.. PGD is very important according to me. Good that you are trying to be completely prepared.. You havent mentioned where in India do you want to go to a clinic.. My brother-in-law and his wife went to Dr. Malpani in Mumbai. He is a very well known and trusted doctor in Mumbai.
    IVF in itself is pretty expensive, around 1 to 1.5 lakh depending on the doctor. Dont know the price of pgd..

If your wife has a difficult pregnancy, she may be advised not to travel and take bed rest for a few months or maybe evn all 9 months.. even if the docs dont suggest anything like that, i would still suggest that you not travel as that puts unnecessary stress on the mother and baby..