+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Made Anti Odor deodorant

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Home Made Anti Odor deodorant

Summers and most of us go through the odor problems from our arm pits. The easiest way to avoid this is we opt for anti- sweat, anti odor deos and roll-ons available in the market, but surprisingly like so many other cosmetics, several of the ingredients used in most deodorants and antiperspirants are not so good for you. Like these:

Aluminum – This is the primary ingredient in most stuff you’ll buy at the store. It’s a metal which has been linked to breast cancer in women and increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease. No thanks.

Parabens – This synthetic preservative is found in so many personal care products. The largest concern is that these chemicals will disrupt our delicate hormonal balance. Paraben exposure has also been linked to birth defects and organ toxicity.

Propylene glycol – This is a petroleum based material. In large quantities, studies have shown that this stuff can cause damage to the central nervous system, liver, and heart.

Phthalates – Another class of chemicals that have been linked to a variety of health issues including birth defects.

Triclsoan – This chemical is actually classified as a pesticide by the FDA and a probable carcinogen by the Environmental Protection Agency.

So, I found out a natural answer to this smelly problem by making my own home made deo cream (read it from somewhere), first I thought it to be insane using the below mentioned ingredients to make an anti odor cream but it surprisingly worked!

Ingredients:
    Baking Soda: 2 table spoon
    Corn flour Powder: 3 table spoon
    Coconut Oil: 3 table spoon
    A Bowl and a spoon to stir the mix
    A box to store the cream output

Procedure:
    Take a bowl and put 2 tbsp of baking soda, mix 3 tbsp of cornstarch powder in it ( if you a sensitive skin you can add more to avoid irritation) along with 3 tbsp coconut oil stir all three till it forms a cream and you are done with making your own deo…yes it’s this simple.

You can also add few drops of your favorite essential oil after the mix is ready and give it a good stir to add a fragrance to your mix. Transfer the mix into a box and store it in a cool dry place.

For application, I use a small plastic spoon or your two fingers can do a great job too for applying it in your armpits. Use a generous amount if you smell really bad

You will not experience odor from your armpits entire day that’s a promise, as it has coconut oil in it you will think it will spoil your clothes…but no it won’t .

Now, as coconut oil stays at melting state in summers, so I like keeping it in refrigerator.

it’s a anti odor but not anti sweat – sweating is actually good to release heat from your body!
    Last edited by Shilpa Sethi; 12-05-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: formatting

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello!

Wow that is great information.. thank you for it! I always get a very itchy rash when I use certain deos. I though that I am allergic to deos. So I avoid using them. I guess what casues the rashes must be some of the ingredients you mentioned... I use Nycil powder instead. But its effect doesnt last the whole day..

Seeing that your home-made deo is cream - based, I think it will stay all day long.. Is that right?

Also, as you say you hav used it yourself, I have a question - does this home remedy also help in dealing with th root cause of body odour and removes that only so over time you stop getting only the odour?

and how long can you store this cream?

thanks for your advices!