+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Safe To Use Cosmetics During Pregnancy?

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Is It Safe To Use Cosmetics During Pregnancy?

Are all beauty products unsafe for pregnant women? Why is it not good to use certain cosmetics during pregnancy? Is it safe to get a tattoo done during pregnancy?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 16-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Not every product is unsafe and unhealthy for your baby during pregnancy

I don't think...that all beauty products are unsafe for women...but you really need to avoid certain products that can be harmful for your child.
    During my pregnancy to avoid stretch marks on my skin...someone recommended me to buy chicco's mammadonna line anti stretch marks cream and it worked wonders for me. Not only it kept my skin free from ugly stretch marks but also kept my skin soft and supple. It truly did the trick and i never experienced any side effects.

Ya Meenakshi.. Using basic creams like your Chicco's or Bio-Oil or basic moisturisers, etc. must surely be safe.. I think the problem is with things like tattoos or strong cosmetic products.. I never really thought about it but I guess during pregnancy at least mothers should use organic products to prevent any unneccesary problems.. now am i worrying tht should pregnant women now even apply basic powder or kajal or lipsticks..

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    When a women is pregnant she should mostly avoid using cosmetics as they might have effects on the baby. Cosmetics contain various chemicals which can cross through the placenta and reach the baby. They can affect baby’s health and during the early days when the baby is developing.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Women who can use some safer products which have less chemicals and have safer ingredients. Try to go for organic or natural products. Chemical products cause allergies and sometimes can also cause cancer.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    You should buy products which are formulated for children and infants. They might decrease the risk of having allergies but mostly it is suggested not to use cosmetics in pregnancy.

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Using nail products can also cause effect on the baby. The nail products contain toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate which when inhaled during pregnancy can cause birth defects in the baby and sometimes even abortion.

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    The creams and products used for skin lightening also have chemicals which can interfere with the enzymatic process which can lead to skin darkening and producing melanin. In these ingredients like glutathione and hydroquinone are used, these are quite active products and should be avoided.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    In pregnancy the skin gets pigmented and often causes darkening especially on the face. If you use any product to get rid of it, it might make strong reaction. It better to do nothing and wait till the birth when it will fade away on its own.

Hair removal creams should also be avoided during pregnancy as it might cause allergic reaction or also get into your blood stream and go through the placenta and reach the baby. Hair removal cream has active ingredient called as thioglycolic acid. This acid is quite aggressive and can react chemically.

The doctors highly recommend not to do a tattoo during the pregnancy. There are several risks involved during getting a tattoo done. The needles used in tattoo can be infectious and can get in direct contact with your blood stream. There are disease which can be transmitted through the needle like HIV AIDS and many more. The tattoo dyes can reach the baby and can have effects on baby’s development.

There are some cosmetics that are unsafe to use during pregnancy, but not all. There is a whole cosmetics on SalonAnna online shop which are safe to use for mot pregnant women, be sure to check that out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast