+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shadow teacher

Question shadow teacher

hi..i have 4 year old son and he is extremely brilliant and his IQ is very good and this has been observed by all his teachers, but he is very active and little naughty that while running he will not see that somebody got hurt from him and become angry and push someone, but he realize his mistake also, so his school has advised me to keep a shadow teacher, but im not able to understand does he really require that ?? please help

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Viniti,

What school are you sending him to that would suggest a shadow teacher for such a small thing! Shadow teachers are used for kids who have some disability like autism or attention deficit disorder or something which makes it difficult for them to interact with their peers.

Being active and naughty is not the same as that. Unless he has a medically diagnosable problem, he doesn't need a shadow teacher. He just needs you and his existing teachers to discipline him.

I've never even heard this concept of shadow teachers. But i agree with Neha that you dont need it..

Just involve your child in a lot of classes that use up his physical energy. encourage him to be a better friend. teach him how to care for other people. basically its just the normal job of parents to raise their kids to care about each other and all, right? So just do that. Ask him how he would feel if he was the one pushed..If normal explaining doesnt work, punish him or involve his father..

Hi, I think this reason is really not valid for your child to have a shadow teacher with him. Your child is naughty and he is so small that he does not need a shadow teacher. I feel he does not require a shadow teacher but he needs to be controlled as he seems to be overactive. There are several children which have to be dealt by the teacher every day. Usually shadow teacher is required for a child who has special needs or is physically handicapped or needs help in studies. So do not worry and let him be how he is.

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Even I agree with the above comment, your child does not require a shadow teacher. A shadow teacher is extremely helpful to those whom the teacher is not able to understand properly. Mostly a shadow teacher is required by students who need help and have learning disability. Yes a shadow teacher is not required by your child and as he has no such disabilities and is perfectly fine. You can also tell the teacher by meeting her at the school that he is a bit over-active and hence tends to be excited for everything and these things will be brought under control.

Hello, firstly I would like to tell you that a shadow teacher is an assistant who works for a child who has some special needs or has some kind of disability. You can say that a shadow teacher is like a helper to the needy. Shadow teachers are provided in elementary or pre-school years. They know the tricks and techniques to handle the disabled child. These shadow teacher are extensively trained for such students and your case is exactly opposite. You child is in no need of a shadow teacher. I feel you should talk to the teacher.

Having a shadow teacher for such a brilliant child just because he is mischievous and naughty is not acceptable. I think your child’s teacher itself does not know the meaning of a shadow teacher therefore she might be telling you to look for one. There are so many children who have such energy and are active throughout the day. His energy cannot be controlled by keeping a shadow teacher with him. I feel that you should invest his energy in some physical activities or sports which he likes. This might make him a little calm and quiet, but no shadow teacher please.

It is important as a parent for us to make them our children understand how to behave. Though he is very small and slowly, gradually he will start understanding discipline. Sometimes there are experts who take care of the child to focus and behave properly or also control their behaviour. But I feel your son is too small for all this and requires your support and guidance so that his energy is invested in proper thing. I feel your child needs you and it is important that you make him understand what wrong he is doing.

I feel you should talk to his teacher and assure her that he won’t misbehave or hurt anyone else. Your child is hyperactive and the teacher in charge should understand that the child is not doing it purposely. Whenever there are complaints from the school about your child don’t get hyper and do not hit your child. Just try to calm down and talk to him where they are going wrong and their behaviour is hurting someone. They will slowly listen to you once they start understanding. I think you should completely avoid the shadow teacher issue.

I would say that teachers have only limited access which doesn't help students much. Now students can find out the best essay writing help online through the https://pickthewriter.com/services-reviews/grabmyessay options which offers the writing service with essay reviews facility as well. Many students get online writing assistance with the best quality of writing work.