+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rote learning in schools these days

Unhappy Rote learning in schools these days

Though my daughter studies all day, I feel she isn’t learning much. She just does mugging of the formulas and answers for the sake of scoring good marks and is actually not learning much at school. I live in Raipur. Can someone suggest some good CBSE schools here?

Hi Vaibhav,

This is the problem with most Indian schools. You have to teach her to study better yourself. teach her to find relevance to what she is studying in real life as well. for instance, fractions are relevant when you are eating chocolate. you break of one piece i.e. 1/8. things like that can teach her to study with the real world in mind.

Buy her TimeLIfe or Encyclopedias or subscribe tos oem kids newspaper so she can learn better..

Aditya Birla Public School is great. It is in Rawan on the outskirts of Raipur. They have day boarding..
    You can trust my review. My daughter used to go there and we were very impressed at how well she was learning. Facilities are so amazing! Huge campus! your child will not be stuck indoors all day long. We had to change cities hence she did not continue in that school, but as much time as she spent in that school, I have absolutely no complaints!

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Why CBSE in particular? The ICSE and IGCSE curriculum is also very good. My child is in ICSE and so was I. But what I have realised is that like your daughter, I too had no choice but to learn by rote cos the style of education in my school was such. But nowadays, schools are amazing.. My son is also studying ICSE curriculum, but he is learning so much more than just formulae.

My nephew, on the other hand, is in an IGCSE school and that is the best! Their subjects are only so amazing because of their international scope, that u wont even have to loook at what they are studying or worry in way..

So dont just look for CBSE schools. Look for schools which are modern and have international scope.

Hi, if you are looking for good CBSE schools in Raipur then I would like to suggest you Ryan International School which is quite popular in Raipur. The contact number of the school is +(91)-771-6458518, 6458517 and the address is C/O St Xaviers High School, Ravigram, Raipur-Chhattisgarh - 492001, Near Avanthi Vihar Colony, Labhandi. The website of the school is
    www.ryaninternational.org . I highly recommend you this school.

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I would love to suggest you The Aditya Birla Public School in Raipur which is very famous CBSE school and is also one of the best schools in Chhattisgarh. The contact number of this school is +(91)-771-2281221, 2281639 and the address of the school is Aditya Birla Public School, Post-Hirmi Tehsil Simga, Raipur-Chhattisgarh – 493195. My child studies in this school and I highly recommend this school for your child.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, you can also look for Delhi Public School, which is a CBSE school in Raipur. The address of the school is Baloda Bazar Road, Raipur Ho, Raipur-Chhattisgarh - 492001, Semariya. The contact number of the school is +(91)-771-2284801, 2284802, 2284803, 2284804, mobile number is +(91)-8223039998 and fax number is +(91)-771-2284804. This is a really good school and the teachers in the school are well qualified and really helpful. I find this school really good for my child and highly recommend it to everyone.

The best CBSE school in overall India Podar International School in Raipur. As you might be knowing this school has several branches all over India and is considered to be one of the best CBSE schools in India. The contact number of the school is +(91)-9993843937, 9926533499 and fax number is +(91)-771-6055237. The address of the school is Nh-30 Mana Basti, Abhanpur Road, Mana, Raipur-Chhattisgarh - 492015, Canal road. The website of the school is www.podar.org where you can find the rest of the information about the school and staff.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I would like to recommend the famous Krishna Public School in Raipur which is a CBSE school and is quite famous. The contact number of the school is +(91)-771-4289200, 4289207, 4289208
    +(91)-771-2444351, 4289222. The address of the school is Devpuri Dunda Road, Raipur Ho, Raipur-Chhattisgarh - 492001, Krishnapuram. The website available for the school are www.kpsraipur.com and www.krishnapublicschool.com .

The Gurgaon based campus of Amity Global School enrolled its first batch of students in 2008 and has been helping young scholars imbibe the virtues of education year after year. A tailored approach to academics, sports and extra-curricular activities is the hallmark of the institution. For more information , visit our website .