+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abdominal Belt

Question Abdominal Belt

Hi,

How many months should i have to use the abdominal support belt after c-section. when can i stop using it. Also please give me some more tips for tightening of the abdomen.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Lalitha,
    My sister also had a C-Section recently, but she wasnt advised to wear an Abdominal Belt.. she just wore a corset from time to time, or tied a tight saree around it from time to time.. I think people wear it for 3 months or so...but you should wear it only if it doesn't make you uncomfortable..

Give your tummy/abdomen 5 minute oil or cream massages after your bath, and exercise your abs.. After a few more months you can do kegel exercises.. Look up what those are on the internet..

But be patient! you were pregnant for 9 months.. it'll take at least that much time for you to get back into shape at the minimum!

All the Best!

Hi Lalitha!
    I just had a C-Section last year. I also have a flabby loose stomach now. Will an abdominal belt help me at this stage? My doctor never suggested anything like that to me..

Hi,

My doc has suggested me to stop using abdominal belt after 2 months seeing my flat tummy. However, my mom has recommended me to wear it and i continued for one month and slowly stopped. From the time i stopped, i had a feeling that my tummy is going loose and i am not knowing whether its just infatuation!!!! i purchased a postnatal workout CD but its not that clear and has quite difficult postures and i am totally confused on what asanas to work on. Can anyone help me on what asanas to work on to get tight and flat tummy. Added, i have big ass which i used to control with asanas till my delivery. and now after delivery i am not knowing what asanas to do for both my tummy and ass.

Samruti, acc to my knowledge abdominal belt is a must after delivery. consult a doctor and find out if you can use it atleast now!!