+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wiping my face leaves pink blemish on tissue paper/hanky.

Question Wiping my face leaves pink blemish on tissue paper/hanky.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a man, aged 30 yrs with height 5'11" and weight around 72 kg.

I have an oily skin specially on forehead and nose. In the evenings, it looks like a layer of oil on my forehead and around nose area and I used to wipe the same either from a tissue paper or with my hanky.

I am noticing since last few days (around 2 weeks) that when I am wiping my forehead and nose in the evening, it leaves a pink blemish/spot on the tissue paper/hanky.

I am quite worried about it. Kindly advise if its normal or some indication of an ailment.

Kindly advise.

Regards,
    Manish Mishra

Hi Manish,

Do you have any new pimples, or acne, or boils, or eruptions of any kind which have just appeared recently? Or which have ruptured recently? If not, then I think its just oil.

If you have oily skin on your forehead and nose, that means you have an oily T-Zone. for that, you should not just wipe off your face with a tissue/hanky. You should use an Oil - Control Facewash thrice a day at the minimum. Never use soap on your face. You get enough normal facewashes for oily skin. Buy any. If you want to spend money on a good product, try Cetaphil's Oil Control Facewash. Its a bit more expensive, but I personally love it..

Hope this helps!

- Kiran Bhavsar

Hi Manish, Kiran..

The 'pinkish' layer could just be pollution. If you have oily skin, air pollution molecules could stick to your skin, making it seem pinkish. I have also tried using Cetaphil's Oil Control Facewash but I think its too expensive..Clean and Clear's Oil control Facewash is just as good Kiran..