+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY Homemade Facewash for Acne - Coconut Recipe.

DIY Homemade Facewash for Acne - Coconut Recipe.

Coconut Oil is supposed to be antibacterial, hence it is great to remove acne and pimple development. It will also help in reducing the marks and scars left behind by acne and pimples.

Here is the recipe:
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
    • 3 drops tea tree oil
    • 2 drops lavender or neem oil
    • Add a few drops of lemon juice in case of oily skin

Optional: a little bit of honey

Mix all of the above and apply it onto your face. let it remain for a minute and then wipe it of with a tissue paper or cotton ball. Do this 3 times a week and see the difference!

this is a great recipe but considering that tea tree oil is part of it, wont it be cheaper to just buy a facewash? tea tree oil isnt available easily in India is it?

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Tea tree oil is available in a lot of places. FabIndia, Nature's Co., Forest Essentials, Kama Ayurveda, all supermarkets that have a Home section, etc. tc.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I just tried it. I had neem oil but no tea tree. So I bought it from Nature's Co. and made this. My skin looked fresher for sure. Now will see whether this scrub works to actually prevent pimples and acne over a long time.. Thanks for the recipe!

Will this help if I dont have a lot of acne, but just one pimple popping up here and there every few weeks?

I hope this works without any compromises and side effects.

I wanted to buy authentic coconut oil so I tried to find all of the vendors on the internet which had it. I found this spice market which also had the Whole nutmeg so I bought both of them.