+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menstruation after Delivery

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Menstruation after Delivery

What is normal postpartum bleeding? What is the cause of irregular periods in initial months after delivery? What does absence of or irregular periods indicate?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 03-12-2013 at 06:50 PM.

I have a 3 month old baby. I have still not got my periods. I am scared that I am pregnant again...Is that possible?

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    If you breastfeed your baby properly...the chances of getting pregnant are very low. However, please consult your gynecologist or at least use condom or copper T if you want to have sex.

Periods after Pregnancy

Hi.., It is very common that periods are delayed after delivery...some women do not even get periods for 6 months to a year. Therefore, do not worry and talk to your doctor. Take a home pregnancy test to confirm if you think you are pregnant and take proper measures before having sex...don't take oral contraceptive pills if you are breast feeding.

The 6 week period after delivery is called the post partum period and the body undergoes lots of changes. This is the time when the body is trying to recover and get closer to its pre pregnant state. The uterus starts involuting and gets back to its pre pregnant size in 6 weeks and so do all the other organs and body parts. Some of the changes are weight loss, stretch marks, acne, breast sagging etc.