+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any feedback on Sea Band for car sickness

Any feedback on Sea Band for car sickness

I have come across this wrist - band for children which apparently stops them from getting car - sick. I have a 6 year old daughter who gets very sick whenever she is in a car/bus for over an hour. I was given this band by a sister in the US (using an image from the internet) :
    [IMG]C:\Users\723225\2013-14\Motion Sickness\Nausea Band\USA-seaband-pack-zoom.jpg[/IMG]

Has anyone used this before?? Can anyone please give me feedback on whether this is genuine or simply a marketing gimmick??

I used these for morning sickness when i was pregnant..they worked really well for me. what they do is put pressure on some points on your wrist which help you calm down or something.. Plus they dont have any side effects that taking medications would have. you should try them for your daughter.. bottom line is that if it works - then great! and if it doesnt, then there has been no harm in trying them.. cos they have absolutely no side effects and you dont have to ingest it..

Hi, motion sickness is a common problem in some kids. Whenever you travel somewhere you have to carry loads to tablets and medicines so that your child does not suffer from car-sickness. I have tried using this sea-band which is quite useful. My cousin brought it for me from United States. I used it when I was pregnant and found it to be really useful and worked for me. I could get rid of the nauseous feeling easily. This gives relief from that feeling and makes you relax. I highly recommend it to use if your child suffers from motion sickness.

Hello a Sea-Band is usually an elastic knitted wrist band which is supposed to be worn on the wrist of your hand. How it works is that it applies pressure to the acupressure point call as NeiKuan on each wrist. There are plastic studs on the band which apply pressure on the wrists and it helps in reducing the feeling of nausea. I also highly recommend this as these bands are much safer for using than the drugs or medicines available in the drug store. They do not have any kind of side effect on the body and are a much safer option.

I absolutely agree with you these are extremely safe and have no side effects. These are extremely safe and both children and adults can use it. It is not that these bands have to be worn continuously but they can be worn when the children start feeling nauseous or puckish. These are the best option for children as there will be no side effect after wearing these whereas drugs and medicines can cause any kind of side-effect after consuming them. Don’t let such nauseous feelings spoil your child’s journey, make it a memorable one and whenever he feels different wear the band.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    This band is so useful that it can be used during pregnancy as well, when women have morning sickness. They can get relief from the nauseous feeling of the morning sickness just by wearing the band. This band is really effective and works miracles, my cousins and sisters also use it as one of them is pregnant and one on their child has motion sickness problem and they love to travel a lot. These anti-sickness drugs seems to cause unwanted side-effects and headache and laziness in children and they start losing interest and get bored of travelling.

Remember whenever you are travelling with your kid in a car or a bus or by any mode of transportation, always keep the child in front facing in the direction in which the vehicle is moving. If your child is too delicate and can easily feel nauseous then do not make him look outside the window as that can make him dizzy as well. These are some tips I hope will be helpful for you. Also never travel with a child who have not eaten anything before the journey started and never feed him so much that he is full and feels like throwing up.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Using the band is easy but it is important that you wear it in proper position. You can wear the band this way, first place your middle three fingers on your wrist inside and the third finger to the wrist crease. Under The edge of the index finger you can find the Nei-Kuan point where the button should be placed. Make it facing downward and similarly do it on the other wrist. It is quite easy to wear and not so difficult what you think, plus it is very effective and better than the medicines given and can be put on after starting the journey or before starting the journey.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    As everyone has said that the sea-band is pretty beneficial I would like to agree with them. When my sister was pregnant she used to use it. She had a lot of problem of morning sickness every day and was really tired of it. Then her friend suggested to use the sea-band. Later on she started using it whenever she felt nauseous. It actually worked, she would get relief from those feelings and feel better and relaxed. These can also be used by children which is really good. Now you can make their journey a happy one without throwing up.

Sometimes, our cars are broken and there nothing bad about it if we have good insurance. You can search for new car insurance here https://www.general.com/blog/what-do...underwriter-do In my opinion, this is a good website

Orb Sole's Avatar Junior Member
    I had car sickness with my previous car. Then I changed it to a newer one and now I drive without any health problems. By the way, now I pay more attention to my vehicle. I buy the best tools to maintain it. For example, on atfulldrive, I read about inflators and it was really helpful. I finally chose one.

Recently I wanted to order seat covers, but then I thought and realized that I want waterproof

Hi, I think many people have experienced that there is not enough space in the trunk during a trip somewhere. There is always a solution http://frostfire.co.uk/ . In order not to buy a large additional roof rack, you can buy a waterproof bag that will easily hold enough things for transportation.

The feedback shared here regarding the car sickness sea band is vital for me. I work at www.longo.lv, and I can use this content to improve my work. That is one of the best things for me right now.