+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yoga for PCOS

Yoga for PCOS

I am in my early thirties and diagnosed with PCOS. I have been trying to conceive but could not be successful because of my PCOS condition. I have heard that natural remedies along with yoga can help in coping with PCOS. Which asanas can be done for PCOS? Please suggest.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    yoga postures are known to be helpful in Polycystic ovary syndrome as they help open up the pelvic area and promote relaxation. Basically the asanas work by relaxing the abdominal muscles. It will be better for you if you join a yoga class as then you can learn the asanas under an expert guidance. Butterfly Pose is very helpful in Polycystic ovary syndrome but take care not to flap your legs too much; instead try holding the posture for long.Shavasana (Corpse Pose) is another useful posture to try. In Polycystic ovary syndrome, the more you relax, the better you feel and this posture will help you completely relax at the end of your yoga session.

Try doing Bharadvajasana. It is very beneficial. It is a seated spinal twist that helps Polycystic ovary syndrome patients.Please do it under an expert.