+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Karate classes for self defense

Karate classes for self defense

I am thinking of enrolling my 3 yr old into karate classes. This is basically to teach her self-defense moves but my friend says that these classes are seldom of much help. In case of an attack, kids will not be able to defend themselves from their attackers. Now I am in a dilemma as to enroll her or not. Is she too young for the classes?

Your daughter is too small for karate classes. Six is usually a good age to start classes. By that time she would have enough muscle control to punch and turn properly and safely -- essential to getting a real kick out of the martial art she chooses.In the end, karate classes are really helpful in todays times of uncertainty. You can go ahead but only after she tuns six

Karate classes are beneficial for the girls. With so many things happening around us which are threatening to our lives, we need to encourage the kids to learn karate to defend themselves in the time of trouble. I think six is the right age to send the kids to Karate classes.

Definitely karate classes help as a self-defense tool. It is good to encourage kids to take up karate classes in the school.

karate classes are definitely useful, for one your child will atleast let go the hesitation to hit someone in self defense. It teaches you even street fight moves. I wish personally I had time to pursue this but i am happy my kid is learning taekwondo in Orchids. I take it very seriously.

Yes Priya Karate classes are more benefical for the girls like that self defense classes are also effective..it helps the teen aged people to roam freely so by participating in Women's Self Defense will lead you to learn everything simply...

www. survivalinstincts. org / womens-self-defense-chennai-a.html#3

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I think karate classes are great. Karate classes do not help in defending but it does gives time for escaping from the situation. Your daughter is too small now but gradually she will be able to master all the moves. It is good to teach her from a small age. She can easily master the moves and other defense techniques. Karate helps by knowing the weak points of the attacker. I think that you should go ahead.