+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Remedies for Cold and Flu

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Home Remedies for Cold and Flu

What do you do when you get a cold? How do you treat the flu? What home-remedies can help cure the cold and flu?
    To read the related article, click here.

When I have a bout of cold, I increase my intake of water. Drinking more water helps in clearing the sinuses. It provides relief from nasal congestion. I also like to have hot chicken soup. I have observed that having hot soup clears congestion. Another thing that I like to do is to have citrus fruits. Vit.C in citrus fruits helps in curing cold.

Colds are making the rounds in my workplace, and when it came my time to share in the fun, I started using Samurai Virus Buster. I definitely feel better! May seem like magic, but it works.

Remedies for cold & flu

I found Samurai Virus Buster about a year ago, and I gave it a try. The minute I feel a little something creeping up on me, I pop one, and I have warded off whatever it was. I have told so many people about this product, and everyone that has taken my advice has been hooked as well.

Samurai Virus Buster really do work. I've only taken them at the first sign of being sick (feeling tired and achy) but then I never seem to actually get sick.
    Everyone around are sick, I have not gotten sick yet (knock on wood).
    Airborne will be a staple for me during the cold seasons!

HEy Hridhaan,
    THanks nice remedy
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 03-07-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Maybe you've heard that vitamin C, echinacea, and zinc are good for a cold.

These do not cure a cold, but vitamin C and zinc may shorten the length of a cold. Research on echinacea has been mixed. Before trying these products, check with your doctor to make sure there are no interactions with other medicines you are taking.

Nasal strips can also help you breathe easier, since they can temporarily enlarge nasal passages.

Some traditional remedies might help relieve common cold discomfort, too.

Drink plenty of liquids, including chicken soup. It has been shown to relieve discomfort when you have a cold.
    Relieve a sore throat by gargling with warm salt water, using throat sprays, and sucking on ice or lozenges.
    Try a saltwater nasal rinse. Studies show that these can help with a stuffy or runny nose.
    Use petroleum jelly on your nose if it’s irritated from constant blowing. Facial tissue with added lotions can help prevent and heal redness and soreness.
    Use a humidifier to help break up phlegm.
    When you have a cold, do what you can to make yourself as comfortable as possible and rest while your body fights the virus.

It is impossible to avoid cold. That nasty feeling on the onset of cold just makes me feel uneasy. First few days are really terrible with all the sneezing, running nose and congestion. My mother has handed me down a miraculous recipe for getting relief from cold. She gives me a kadha which is warming and gives me immediate relief. The kadha is made by boiling tulsi leaves, clove, peeper corns, salt and tea leaves till; the concoction reduces to half. It is then drunk hot with honey. Try it and am sure it will work.