+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dominating mother-in-law

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

dominating mother-in-law

My mother-in-law is very dominating. She just gives orders and does not listen to anybody. Even my father-in-law or her husband has to listen to her. Till this its fine. I have tried to adjust to her demands and dominating nature but the problem is that she never does any work. She never helps me in household work. Whenever I request her to help me as in case when guests are coming, she would reply that since she is mil, she is not supposed to do. Sometimes I feel like I m the maid of this house. I do not have time for my husband also and he cannot say anything to his mother. What should I do to get a life?

Its very important to find a balance in life. If your mil does not help you in your work, you can try explaining to her in a different manner. you can say that it is important to be active as a active lifestyle is a healthy one. If it does not work, then you should stop expecting help from her. Instead plan your work in such a manner that it gets completed within a stipulated time....

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I think you too should just stop doing some of the work in he house and when she tells you why you havent done it, say my husband wants to spend some time with his wife, but if i continue doing all this work, I will never have time for him. I need a maid, or I need some help in the house.

u can probably take up part time job or something which keeps u out of home........let her learn to do her own work at least..........do what ever u can after coming home...leave the rest on her......get a life for urself...

The best way is just ignore her....and have a maid for extra work.
    Be happy. think positive. Don't expect that she will understand you anyway....