+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not interested in marriage

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Not interested in marriage

I am happy being single. I am an unmarried girl in my early thirties. I am not interested in marriage as I love my freedom. My parents are putting pressure on me to marry. I feel that I will not be able to take the responsibilities. Is marriage a necessity?

I feel that marriage is a personal issue and nobody can force into this relationship. A forced marriage never works. If you are not interested in marriage, then say it directly to your parents. I think that your parents are forcing the decision of marriage on you as they are worried about your future. they want you to be secure. This is their thinking. Now I feel that women are self-sufficient and they do not need a guy just for a sense of security. whatever you decide, just think on the pros and cons and then go ahead with your decision.

Not at all.. Humans being social animals need to be in a society for themselves at first.. To stay social you need not to marry if you are happy staying single today.. But think of a time may be 30 years from now. Today you may not visualise those time but see thru your grand parents eyes or somebody of theirs age. At that time you might (Might not also) need some body to stay around you to talk, to laugh, to cry, to care, to cherish, to show or absorb emotions you would come across. If somebody is around and at your disposal, it's great, else life will go on. Have you ever thought, why and how in ancient times (I am not talking about ages ago) people were more attached to each other after marriage living longer in a relationship. At those time marriage were more of arranged, no.

Very well said- last post writer! I agree a 100% with what you have said..

if u dosnt marry it will be a problem for you when u are old ... nobody will be there to taking care .

I don't think there is an issue in staying unmarried. I am in my mid thirties and I do not intend to marry in future. I find being single liberating experience. Actually I have been in an abusive relationship and was literally shattered while I was in it. After this relationship, I am not interested in any such relationships. So have decided to stay single for the rest of my life. I cannot live according to others whims and fancies.

to good yaarr

It's up to you.... As long as you don't need physical and emotional needs and a family then no need to marry... Plan for your future how to live and take care of yourself....

first of all one has to be happy in whatever he or she does it is only then we can give the best.Marrying someone just for the sake of happiness of your parents is not advisable because once you get married then its not just about you you will have to think about your in laws,husband,parents so go ahead only if you feel you can keep every one happy

marriage is certainly not a compulsory it entirely depends on ones perspective about marriage, if you feel marriage is not required and you are quite content with your life the way it is and if you feel marriage is going to make your life worse then dont get married..and talking about the parents they always dream to see there children get married