+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Converting old ballet shoes into funky shoes

Lightbulb Converting old ballet shoes into funky shoes

I have a flat pair of ballet shoes that I hardly wore as I found them tad boring. They are in beige colour. Is there any way I can make them attractive? I do not want to discard them or give to others. They are super comfortable. Please suggest some really good ideas.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Convert your boring old shoes into funky new ones by painting them with fabric paints. Trace the design onto the shoe and then colour . You can add beads also. It really looks different and everybody will admire your creativity also.

Bedazzle them with adhesive and Swarovski crystals or you can coat them with a layer of glue and glitter. also to add more glamour, create a faux steel toe, add iron-on pyramid studs.

Add beads, small sequins and other decorative items to give them a makeover. you can also add height by adding a faux heel. IT will look really funky and hep

If you don't like the shoes you bought or got as a gift, don't waste your time trying to remake them. In my opinion, it is much easier to buy yourself a new pair of shoes, especially when there are sites like https://dreampairshoes.com/collections/womens-pumps where you can find a whole lot of great shoes that will definitely fit you.