+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dressing up like Dad

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Dressing up like Dad

Family week in the school, kids being taught about family members, relations - family tree...kids learn fast and easiest way is to involve "fun" in learning and Fancy dress is the most fun event for kids when it works out with the theme being taught at school.

So this was it, the week got over with teaching about family, its members, sticking pictures of family members in the EVS book, coloring the pictures in the book...last but not the least was a message which cam over from the School "dress your ward as one of your family member"

And the work started....first convincing a 3yr old for going to school dressed up as his favorite family member, then asking his choice - Answer " I wanna dress like Papa"....ok done, deal! another task making him dress like one.

The day came, took out his smart clothing - a waist coat , shirt, and trousers. And to his surprise a ready made Turban, as we are from a Sikh family and turban adds to a smart dressing.

Taking his early morning tantrums for getting ready for the school, I took out my Kajal pencil and my child being un-ware and showing as if I am applying a creme to his face , I made mustache and beard on his face, made him wore his patka and graced up with is ready to go Turban.
    But, we made sure that he didn’t saw the mirror, else he would have got rid of his kajal made mustache and beard.

He looked very cute - a little sardarji, got awarded, and appreciated for dressing up smartly

School takes us to a troll when ask for getting the little ones dressed, but the pride which kids take later when role playing is great !

Find the link below to see him dressed like his dad
    [IMG]D:\Shilpa\personal_data\abeer\2013\IMG-20130807-WA0005.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Shilpa Sethi; 25-10-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Image insertion; speeling

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Hi S.Singh,

You can insert the image into the thread it self by clicking on the 'insert image' icon on the top right hand side on the text box.
    Why don't you click on edit post and insert the image into your post..?

Happy Parenting!
    The IndiaParenting Team

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello
    Thanks for your help, but whenever I try inserting image from the image insert icon on the top hand side - it gives an option to upload through a URL, like as mentioned below:

Add an Image from Url
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    URL :

and when tried inserting it from my system by putting an D drive address, it still does not reflect the image, please try helping me solving this problem...

Thanks
    Shilpa - (S.Singh)

It's great that you are dressing up like your dad right now. I want to know if you have the Oh Polly coupon code or not. This content is important for me, and I need to know about this as soon as possible.