+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parenting Preteens

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Parenting Preteens

How can parents deal with preteens? Why is it difficult to parent preteens? How can parents bond with and make preteens feel secure and safe?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 19-09-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I am a parent of a preteen daughter and since last few months I have been noticing behavioural changes in her. She has become more irritated and moody. She does her own things and seldom listens to me. She always does the opposite of what I say. This behaviour is racking up my nerves. I do not what happened to her. Earlier she was so sweet. Has anybody experienced such type of behaviour?

Hi,
    Preteens is the age where there is complete change in behaviour of both girls and boys. Due top hormonal changes, they behave in a different manner. You are in the same league. What your daughter is experiencing is hormonal changes. She becomes irritated. Stop nagging her and instead give her some time, she will soon be her happy self. Try to understand her probs.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have a preteen daughter. she also had the same problems and we were constantly at loggerheads. Then I realized it was of no use bickering with her. It was creating a tension between us. I changed my approach. I tired to control my temper when she answered back and also I started trying to understand her. I took her into confidence and took her side always so that she was assured that someone was on her side. This made her less irritable.