+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post Delivery Menstruation and Ovulation

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Post Delivery Menstruation and Ovulation

When does first menstruation begin after delivery? What is Lochia? When does ovulation cycle becomes normal after delivery?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 06-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.

First menstruation begins few weeks after delivery. When I had my first baby, I did not get my periods for about 6 months. I guess, it was because I was exclusively breastfeeding. Menstruation timing after delivery varies from women to women.

I got my menses just 12 weeks after delivery. I had heard that usually it takes few months to a year for normal periods to begin after delivery but in my case, i had it early. I was bit confused so I consulted my doctor and she said that everything was fine. So I guess the timing of menses varies in women.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have delivered a baby two weeks back. I am passing out dark red blood with lots of clots. i am quite tensed. I do not know if this is normal or not. I do not think that these are periods. I am also thinking of using a method of contraception, so is this right time. I know that once the ovulation cycle becomes normal, then only the chances of getting pregnant are high but i do not want to take a risk.