+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Budget fun activities for young boys

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Budget fun activities for young boys

Build a Fort - camps with bed sheets / dupattas -
    Give your kids a pile of sheets, blankets and pillows and let them build a fort using the living room couch or your dining room table and chairs as anchors. Once construction is done, give them flash lights to make shadow puppets. And you will hear sound being away “ Mumma I see a dragon here, now I make a snake

Bowling games with plastic water bottles and ball -
    Plastic water bottles and a ball can make a young boy busy showing his Bowling skills.

Rice play -
    with old borad games boxes / straws and rice - let you child express his mind with shapes, alphabets with his little fingers or blowing through straw...once done with one artwork can fiddle it up to make another!

Making instruments with old small boxes , kinderino cups n rice -
    When we have talked about playing with rice then why not use this rice to turn into a musical object by using old match boxes, empty gems cans ; sticking used kinderino egg sells with some rice inside…etc let you child make instruments for his own band.

Play dough –
    Molding different shapes from a play dough can be a great fun…this will not only develop motor skills but will also let your child imagination come out. Let him surprise you with a clay dino, a snake, or something more interesting

Race tracks with duck tapes / scotch tapes –
    Have colored tapes at home and some toy cars (every boy would have them :P) all you need is – to make him sit in the unused corner of the house or even his room and stick the tapes on the floor (or to a chart paper / old card board) in the shape of race tracks and turn them into racing arena…more fun comes when u have friends to join your kid.

Enjoy with your child…and re-live your childhood.

Share your ideas for a weekend – holidays to keep up children busy….

Really liked all the fun activities mentioned here. I feel there should be more of such activities else the boys get hooked to computer games. When I was small, I had so much to do. We used to be outdoors most of the time, sadly now there is space crunch. We used to play marbles and I think that this can be played even now. It's so much fun.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your appreciation on ideas...nowadays children tend to stick to touch screen phones and tabs for enjoying their time, technology is making children a bit smart but will end up making them couch potatoes
    When we were small and not all of us were surrounded with expensive / new toys now and then - we used to use our imagination to make even a big empty cardboard box turn into our small doll house / or a car we have to turn around the clock to bring silly ; interesting activities back and re-live our child hood by introducing such ideas to our lil brats, all it needs your time for them and some flashy thoughts
    Will sure share some more thoughts for such games.....please share yours to make it a big time fun
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 01-07-2014 at 07:09 PM.

These ideas are super cool. I never could imagine that kids could have so much fun without buying expensive toys. My son had gone for a sleepover at his friends place and he really had a good time. There they had a competition of making towers with deck of cards and I found this pretty interesting and inexpensive way of having fun. Also playing with pare airplanes is a good ide especially for boys.

My 7 yr old son is a master at doing silly things. He is a single child but seldom gets bored. He tries to invent a new game for himself. Just few days back I saw him making a fort with ice cream sticks. It was amazing. I never thought that he could make such a wonderful thing with ice cream sticks. Yesterday he made a basket with used match sticks. I am amazed at his creativity. I always try to encourage him

Blog Entries
    nice let the lil brats unleash their creativity