View Poll Results: Do you think Self Defence should be made compulsary in schools?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Defintely!

4 80.00%
  • No. It should be optional.

1 20.00%
  • No. It is not required.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self Defence

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Self Defence

Do you worry about your daughter’s safety when she is not with you? Is your daughter prepared to defend herself in case of a physical attack? What self defence tools are the best to protect her if she is caught in a dangerous situation?
    To read the related article, click here.

I think self defense should be a part of school curriculum. With so many cases of harassment on the rise, self defense is the sure shot way of protecting oneself. At least I feel that in case of an attack, the girl will be able to defend herself and put up a brave fight till some help comes.

I do not think self defense classes will make much of a difference. My daughter has been learning karate since she was in nursery but still I do not think she will be able to defend herself in case of an attack. She is still afraid and does not have much confidence. She is learning karate as it is compulsory but I hardly find it useful.

In which age are you living. Self defense is a necessity and all kids should learn it especially daughters. A good teacher can guide them properly. If made a part of school curriculum, it is good for physical fitness and also helps to master some moves. So yes I would prepare my daughter to handle a dangerous situation by teaching her self defense techniques.