+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baby girl name

Rs Ir's Avatar Junior Member

Question Baby girl name

Hi all, I am new to this discussion board. I am expecting my first child.. I would like the kid if its a girl OVYA ( tamil name) meaning a beautiful art, and for a boy TARUN ( lord Ganesh's name men's ageless) .. I am living US and I would like to name the kids which is easy to pronounce..

Please tell your opinions about these names. It is kind of hurry.. Please help us. My hubby born and raised in US only .. He has no clue picking names ..

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I like the name 'Ovya'. It sounds beautiful and has a beautiful meaning too. Ovya is a unique name for a girl and is easy to pronounce also so thumbsup for this name. As for boy name, I feel Tarun is quite common. Choose any other name. Best of Luck

I like both the names Ovya and Tarun are equally good. But don't you think that for naming you need the letter that is deduced by astrological calculations. In India, names are decided only after the astrologer or the priest gives the letter from which the name has to start.

I like Ovya as I feel it is a unique name. As for Tarun, you can instead choose some other name something unique like Ekani, Ojas or simply Om. These are very simple to pronounce and short and sweet. Wish is yours. You can check out websites also for name ideas.

Yes !!
    Baby girl name Oviya is quite stylist as well as meaningful name. Tarun for baby boy is also nice !!!
    both are nice but there is always advantage where you have more options, therefore refer another names also. There are quite good names with unique meaning and modern - stylish names..

Good Luck !!!