+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dealing with alzheimers

Unhappy dealing with alzheimers

my grandmother has alzheimer's. it is not complete where she has forgotten everything but where she wont rememebr to go to the toilet, or will drink 10 times, and ask the same question again and again..she also has no control over her bowels and and so so many times me ad my mom have had to clean shit or change bedsheets because she wont wear a diaper.. we stay in a joint family: my mom-dad, brother-me, elder aunt-uncle, and grandparents.

because my aunt is also pretty old now..mom only takes care of my grand mom. i work from 9 to 6.30 and dont reach home before 8.30.. she is soo tired and frustrated nnow.

i am thinking of hiring a full time bai/nurse to take care of my grand ma now. is it too extreme? do people hire bais or nurses to take care of people with alzheimers?

If your grandma cant "control her bowels" and eats and drinks without remembring constantly, AND you can AFFORD a bai then you should! it is irrelevant whether other people hire bais or dont.

plus if you are working all the time and the whole burden is on only one person, it can get very exhausting. so yes. hire a full time bai/nurse.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 03-07-2014 at 01:47 PM.