+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what to with stamp collection?

Question what to with stamp collection?

i used to collect stamps as a kid. now i have a lot of stamps in my stamp book but my daughter is not interested in continuing this hobby. what should i do with this collection?

when i started it also, i didnt know i was collecting stamps. i just did it cos everyone was doing it. should i just chuck them all?

It is sad that your daughter does not share your interests in stamp collection. Do not chuck them out. vintage postage stamps bring great value. Stamps are great for understanding history, and culture of a place. You can arouse interest in your daughter by giving details of each stamp such as city of origin, history behind it. I am sure she will fall in love with this.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Stamp collection can be great for teaching the culture and custom of a place. It is best way to teach about famous personalities, places or any specific event. You can arouse interest in your daughter but do not throw your collection of stamps.

Give them to some younger child and encourage him/her to continue your collection..

Do not chuck out the stamps. They will be great value in future. Rare and old postage stamps are always valued. If you still do not want your collection, then I m willing to buy it.