PDA

View Full Version : How to be Patient with Kids

IndiaParenting
20-12-2013, 05:10 PM
How can parents be patient while dealing with kids? How should parents deal with aggressive children? What should parents do when children start throwing tantrums?
To read the related article, click here. (http://www.indiaparenting.com/raising-children/253_5192/how-to-be-patient-with-kids.html)

Anjana
26-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Dealing with kids need immense patience. When kids get angry, parents need to keep calm as if they lose their temper, then it would be difficult to deal with the kids. As parents, we must try to know the reason that make kid lose temper. If we know of the reasons, then we can avoid their tantrums. When my daughter gets angry, then I try to act funny with her, and very soon she forgets her anger. This is my latest way of dealing with my daughter.

Malti Shanker
26-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Dealing with kids does need patience and lot of sweet talking. With aggressive kids, a different approach is needed. Never argue with kids as this will make them more aggressive. Parents should divert the attention of the kids, when they start throwing tantrums. Taking their mind away from the reason of tantrum, helps in controlling the tantrum.

Naina Doshi
01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks for this wonderful piece of advice. I am a mother to a toddler. He is very naughty and often throws tantrum. As he is a single child, he has been pampered. Due to pampering, he often throws tantrums and it really becomes difficult to deal with his temper tantrums. Many a times we have to face embarrassing situations. Just two days back, we were watching a movie, when my toddler threw a tantrum as he did not find the movie interesting. No matter how hard I tried to soothe him, he didn't stop. We had to leave the movie mid way