It is natural for a child to repel the idea of sleeping alone. The child sees his parents sleeping together and obviously wants to be in their company. But the habit of sleeping alone should be encouraged.
1. Children above the age of two years should be encouraged to sleep independently.
2. Build up the excitement. Make it sound like an exciting event.
3. Decorate the room with little imagination and innovation. Make it a space where your child would love to be in.
4. Allow a child’s independence to grow naturally. Do not force it initially. If your child is not ready to sleep alone, give him or her time to get used to the idea.
5. Exceptions: With the increasing number of child abuse cases, you should be very careful about the guests and friends who happen to share the room with your child when visiting. Never trust anyone too much. Ask your child if he or she has anything to fear from any relative/friend/neighbour.
Does your child also still sleep with youNULL How do you handle itNULL Share with us!
My 14 yearold son tilll sleeps wth me and my husband . We have tried to amlke hime sleep alone vbut he keeps bed wetting or gettimg up in the noght ending up sleeping with us . What to do ?...
my son is 19 month .from the age of 6 month i have been putting him in his cot which is kept near to our bed. he was perfectly fine .but during sep v had gone 4 a holiday(2&half month)now he is bit fu...
What is the right age, when the child should be made to sleep all aloneNULL...