Did you know that one in three girls in the world is sexually abused before reaching the age of eighteen, and one in four before the age of fourteenNULL
It is quite shocking to know that
- 66% sexual offenders know their victims.
- 32% paedophiles have abused their own children.
- 49% paedophiles are attracted to unstable children
WHAT EXACTLY IS CHILD SEXUAL ABUSENULL
Child sexual abuse is any sexual contact between a child and another person (from fondling to rape) with or without force. People who prefer sexual activity with a child are known as 'paedophiles'.
It is important to remember that such offenders are completely 'responsible' and guilty in the abuse, even if they have taken the consent of the minor child. The consent of a child is not considered to be any consent at all.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR CHILD
1. Never scare a child about sexual abuse
2. Teach your children the names of the different parts of the body. Take this step further by specifying the private parts. Tell the child that these parts should not be touched by anyone, not even close friends.
3. Your behaviour with your spouse in front of your child can be a role model for the children.
Discuss this topic!