You are here: Home > Message Boards > Planning a Baby >  Trying since long >PCOS & IVF in U.S
Planning a Baby  Discussion Forum

Trying since long:PCOS & IVF in U.S
2007-02-14
Name: Latha Friends,

I need a friend to talk about Pcos & IVF in U.S.Anybody has success in IVF with Pcos.Please write to me.
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-03-28
Name: Latha
Subject:  IUI in U.S
Pl,

whether you live in U.S, do you anything about IUI in U.S..

Please let me know,
Thanks,
Latha
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-04-04
Subject:  Hi Pl
Why no mails... r u busy?
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-03-29
Subject:  Hi
Thanks PL. How is your exercise coming ..how many kgs you loosed?

L.

2007-03-28
Name: Peace Lily
Subject:  hi
Hi Latha,

How are you? Saw your mail. Actually i don´ t live in the U.S so i don´ t know much about IUI in U.S.

Hope you get the required information about IUI soon. Wish you all the best. I am praying for you too.

Love,
PL

2007-03-19
Subject:  Why no message?
Hi Pl,

How are you? are you okay...
Why no message..

Take care,
L
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-03-26
Hi Pl,

I missed you.. Yes, even myself continuing the exercise..first it was easy to reduce pounds, now it is hard to do them. The spring season started here...which makes me happy, so that i can go walking.

What else?

take care,
L.

2007-03-24
Name: PeaceLily
Subject:  hi
Hi Latha,
I am fine. Was bit busy for some days so didn´ t visit this website for a long time.Hope i lose weight to be healthy again. How are you? Wish you all the best.

Regards,
PL.

2007-02-28
Hi Pl,

How are you? No message from you. for the past 2 days i am having cold and couldn' t do exercise.I recently changed my doctor, so she took test called infused sline sonogram.It' s confirmed that i have PCOS. Only thing we can do is take metmorfin & reduce wt. Did you do anything new?
Latha

2007-03-12
Hi Pl,

Nice article..once i didn´ t get my periods for 3 months..and then i got it. That time they recommened the folic acid for me, yes..i am taking regularly.

Yesterday i got my periods, as ususal really sad because of that. But the good thing is i am getting it every month at 30 days now (after exercise and Metformin). Before it is used to be 45-50 days.
some good out of bad *
Pl,
Have you ever done IUI, if so can you throw some tips on it.

Good Luck to both of us!!!
L.

2007-03-11
Subject:  Benefits of folic acid
Hi Latha,

Remember i was talking about the centrum tablets that have 1000mcg folic acid. I am sure you know the benefits of folic acid. I am sending the an article i read in one website.
Here it is :
Why Folic Acid is So Important

Folic acid is a B vitamin. It is used in our bodies to make new cells. If a woman has enough folic acid in her body before she is pregnant, it can help prevent major birth defects of her baby’s brain and spine. These birth defects are called neural tube defects or NTDs. Women need to take folic acid every day starting before they are pregnant to help prevent NTDs

2007-03-10
Subject:  Hi PL
Thanks PL.So far i am not taking any multivitamin tablets, i will check with gynaecologist and start taking. Whenever i write you, feeling better and having hope.

Take care,
L

2007-03-09
Subject:  Hi Latha
Hi Latha,

Nice to read your message. Thanks for your concern. Yes, i am eating well specially when i have my metformin. i have stopped eating non-veg now. I didn´ t know that cabbage had lots of folic acid. I will buy cabbage more often now. Other food that have folic acid are orange, banana, grean peas and nuts.

I am taking a multivitamin tablet called Centrum (Materna). Usually multivitamin tablets have 400mcg but the centrum (materna) has 1mg(1000mcg). Actually one of my friend´ s family doctor asked her to take this before pregnancy and now she is pregnant and healthy. Anyway consult your gynaecologist before taking this particular brand of multivitamin.

Thanks for keeping in touch.
PL

2007-03-09
Subject:  Hello
Hi PL,

While you are dieting , please take proper food at proper time.. i didn´ t took care for 3-4 days was eating some little food..my stomach got upset. So please take good food at the right time. One morething hope you are taking folic acid..i rently found out that Cabbage has lot of follic acid.

Take care,
L

2007-03-05
Thanks for the caring words! I will concentrate on reducing weight and eating healthy.
L.

2007-03-03
Subject:  Hello latha
Hi Latha,

I have to lose 10 kgs to get my ideal weight. I too didn´ t use my treadmill when it was our bedroom few days ago i moved it to my living room - just in front of the tv so now i walk while i watch tv. It occupies some space but it works for me - i walk regularly now.

I have been trying for 4 years too. God has a good plan for all of us. I feel i am more mature now and emotionally strong. I have learnt a lot of lessons in these 4 years of waiting. Now i want to be physically fit too, hope i lose weight soon.
Everything will happen at the right time.

And worry about what others say, think positive and prepare yourself to have a healthy pregnancy. Bye now and keep in touch.

Regards,
PL

2007-03-03
Pl,

We too have a treadmill , but we don´ t have a basement so it is in garage now,i am thinking to bring it inside the house.

I have been trying for 4 yrs now, yeah sometimes it is really hard to go to b´ day parties and now feel shame to talk to anyone. Hope god will show some good things to us.

take care,
L

2007-03-02
Subject:  Thanks for the quick reply
Dear Latha,

Glad to receive your quick reply. Thanks for the advise. I usually take the metformin tablets after meals. but will keep your advise in mind and have a very good meal. I am taking 500 mg.
I too changed my doctor 3 months ago. This doctor actually diagonised what was my problem -i.e - " PCOS" .
I too go to work. And since it is cold here, i have got a treadmill. It is a very good investment, specially if you live in cold area.

Thanks,
Peace Lily.

2007-03-02
Good to know tips from you. I am trying to do exercise in morning too, but we live in Minnesota,US it is very cold..and i have get up and come to work too.. but doing exercise in the morning is good.One more thing..did you consult with DR before taking Metformin for 3 times(How many milligrams you are taking?).. Please take that tablets with good meal(i got ulcer when stared 2 tablets).
Take care,
Good luck to both of us!
Latha

2007-03-01
Subject:  Hi :)
hi Latha,
How are you feeling better. Do you still have cold? take care. I am following the diet you sent me. yesterday i read a newspaper article regarding pregnancy -- it said that women who are trying to conceive should not eat no-fat milk product since the fat in diary products helps in conceiving. Everything in moderation is good.
I have started eating banana regularly since banana regularizes harmonal imbalance.
And have started having metformin 3 times a day. Earlier is used to take one tablet a day for a week - then 2 tablets a day for another week and now finally i have started taking 3 tablets a day -- hope it works. How long have you been taking metformin and how many tablets a day.
One more thing is have started doing is 20 min walk in the morning and evening. Hope it helps me to reduce weight.

Wishing the best,
Peace Lily.

2007-02-22
Subject:  Keep up the good work
Hi Latha,

Good to know that you have lost 6 lbs since your chances of getting pregnant will be more when you reached your ideal weight.
Actually my weight is more than my ideal weight. So i am also trying to lose weight and i lost 2 lbs only in one month. I am trying to lose more weight this month. Can you give your weight losing tips.

Thanks,
Peace Lily
Pages >>  1  2 

All tips on Planning a Baby
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
PCOS & IVF in U.S

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :
PCOS & IVF in U.S

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :
PCOS & IVF in U.S

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Azoospermia 0 sperm treatment in delhi/gurgaon?
Hi all,
I am from gurgaon. Its been 2.5 years me and my husband are trying for a baby but to no avail. As hes been diagnosed with azoospermia with maturation arrest.
We have tried ayurvedic treatment but no use. We are getting hopeless day by day.
Plz anyone who has suffered through azoospermia and still conceived, plz let me know how.
And also w... - Yamini [View Message]
IUI in Bangalore via a known donor
Hi,

I am a software engineer working in Bangalore. My sperm count is quite low and so after two years of effort we still can't conceive.

Based on the feedback we have received from various doctors, the chances of conception are extremely low via IUI and so the alternative suggested by the doctors is IVF. We are not interested in trying IVF due to... - Rakesh Sinha [View Message]
Starting my treatment at Srushti Fertility Centre
Dear Ladies,

I am TTC for the past 2 years. I have been consulting Dr samundi mam recently. I have been diagnosed with fibroids. Dr has suggested fibroid removal for me. She said I would be able to conceive naturally after the surgery.

Is there anyone here who had similar condition and conceived naturally post the fibroid removal?

Ho... - Gayathri Muthuram [View Message]
RE:Trying since long
I would want to share my wonderful xperience with Dr.Kaberi Banerjee. We are a complete family now just because of Mam, after 15 years of our marriage.

Dr. Banerjee is just like almighty god for us.... - Santosh [View Message]
RE:Looking for Egg donor in Bangalore
hello star,
you can contact to fertility center, they have an contacts, and that is useful for you, they can help you to find out egg donor, who is interested to donate egg to couple in need.... - vilas [View Message]
hello star,
nothing in this world is for free , for everything you need to pay money, so if you want to egg donor so find out the girl who is in need for money, so easily your moto get successful.... - riddhima [View Message]
hello star,
i would like to donate my eggs to couple who is in need and i would like to donate eggs to heterosexual couple only, , i m from good background, and independent women.... - gayatri [View Message]