• Hyderabad
  • Ghaziabad
  • Chandigarh
  • Ahmedabad
  • Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
You are here: Home > Message Boards > The Baby Club >  Baby Club October-December 2005 >Baby not passing motion regularly
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Baby Club October-December 2005: Baby not passing motion regularly
Name: J J
Date: 2006-03-19
hi everyone! My baby was born on 24 Nov 2005. Till now I still breast feed him after work, during the night. During the night he does not cry for milk but always turns his head for breast milk (although the supply is not much) Formula milk is given from 5am onwards. The formula milk he drinks is S46 by Wyeth Group. He alsp drinks 4 to 5oz of water frequently.
My problem is, my baby does not pass motion daily. He passes motion after 2 days on the evening of 3rd day. During the 3rd day, I notice he does not sleep well. So we will insert a tiny piece of soap & within a few seconds he wud pass motion (green in colour) After that I notice that he would drink 5oz of milk otherwise he wud only dring 4 or 3oz. This problem only began the second mth after he was born, after which I started given formula milk and breast milk alternatively. His weight increase is ok 7.2kg now. Pls tell me is it becoz of the milk that he is not passing motion regularly? Pls advise. TQ.
Name: Suzanne
Subject:  Baby not passing
Date: 2011-07-23
The glucose water didn' t work for me - but the Indian medicine (mughli...thingambob) should work, at least in the short term.
Try everything you can - but keep using the soap as backup ' cause it' s nonaddictive. And one way or another you have to make sure your baby is doing a do every 24-48 hrs
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: 
Subject:  brown sugar
Date: 2007-05-04
a tea spoon of brown sugar in a cup of water daily is very helpful and much better than using soap in such a way

Name: Connie
Subject:  Passing motion
Date: 2006-05-16
Hi,
I have benefitted a lot by administering an ayurvedic tonic - Bonnison (made by Himalayan Ayurvedic. It is very effective in keeping the stomach clear and regular passing of stool. Now at 6months, he is being given this tonic, thrice a day.

Name: aparnaa
Subject:  hi
Date: 2006-03-25
hi,
AS per my ped here, we need not worry ifthe baby doesnt pass motion till 7 days . its not be worried if he passes gas, doesnt feel uncomfotable.
u can try giving 1/2 cup warm water mixed with 1 spoon sugar and 1/2 spoon honey. every 4-5 hrs till he passes motion..
it works out for my son...
let me know..
love to ur little one..
regards,
aparnaa

Name: Ritu
Subject:  Hi..
Date: 2006-03-23
hi JJ,

are u giving gripe water to ur baby? it helps alot in digestion. Also give mugli ghutti to ur baby. mugli ghutti is very good for babies ... it regulates their system. if the baby seems constipated, give mugli ghutti in warm water. it always works like charm for my daughter. Above all ... its made up of all natural products.

Try it out ....

Name: Ritu
Subject:  hi..
Date: 2006-03-24
hi jose,

mugli ghutti is an indian ayuvedic medicine. It helps the the babies in case of constipation, indigestion, vomiting, diarrhoea ... and other common problems. I am in US, not sure where you can get it in malaysia. if u know someone who is coming from india, u may ask them to get a bottle for u. In malaysia if u have any indian stores, check there.

let me know ...
luv to ur little one.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: jose
Subject:  Hi
Rita thank you for your comment. We do give him gripe water. I brought my baby to the doctor on the day I posted this question. The doctor advised to give some fruit juice like soaking 4 to 5 dried raisins in hot water over night, in the morning strain and feed. Doctor also advised to change the milk for example the milk should not say 'added iron'. I tried to find it but cud not. All milk tins are state 'with iron'. So now I have changed to 'Enfalac'. Its only been 1 day so I can't see the result yet. You have advised to give mugli ghutti. Please explain what is mugli ghutti & how does it look like. I am from Malaysia & have never heard of it. Thank you very very much. Ps reply.

Name: Prema
Subject:  hi
Date: 2006-03-20
hi JJ..
Last time my baby girl alo facing same problemm... she didnt pass motion for 2 days.. and she cries alot if we touch her stomach.. i bring her to see doctor, the doc ask me to give more water and give me a white liquid.. after give the luquid, she pass motion.. so nowadays i give her water.. my baby dont like plain water so i try to give her some glucose water...or honey water....when i told my doc that my baby never pass motion for 2 days.. he said still ok,,but if after 3 days we need take action...try to give more water..or may be the milk powder is not suitable for her..pls ask doc's advice....

Name: jose
Subject:  Hi
Thanks for your idea. Prema, I son dringks water more than milk but still the same.

All tips on The Baby Club
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Baby not passing motion regularly

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Baby not passing
The glucose water didn' t work for me - but the Indian medicine (mughli...thingambob) should work, at least in the short term.
Try everything you can - but keep using the soap as backup ' cause it' s nonaddictive. And one way or another you have to make sure your baby is doing a do every 24-48 hrs... - Suzanne [View Message]
Oriflame
Hi, I have been doig Oriflame since lst 6 month in Kalkaji & have made a goo reputation in this hsrt time. If you are staying ar by can contact me for becomin a member.... - Sheuli Ghosh [View Message]
Oriflame
Hi,,,,

I saw ur post & I am interested in joining oriflame. I was a member earlier but left the business long back. And now I have no details of it. ... - Simran [View Message]
hi all!!!!!!!!11
Hi Everyone.

My daughter' s b' day falls on nov 13(2005).does anyone share the same date.I like all the topics shared by everyone.
bye sangeeta... - sangeeta pavan [View Message]
child health
hi i m shikha i was the member of this site at 2005 and now my baby is 2.9yr old.but he is sufffering fr delay speech .what should i do/... - shikha [View Message]
hc
hello,
my 2yr old daughter' s head circumference is very small.it is only 5 percentile.instead of this she is a very active baby.
is there anyone who can solve my prb?
thanks ... - sonu saxena [View Message]
cbse/icse board
Hi everybody, im mother of 2 yr old boy, and in the process of finalising the school for his next year nursery admission. Before that I would like to have some suggestion on icse /cbse boards and then which school to go for in Andheri -Bandra belt. PPlllssss help me all as u all know it is not an easy decision.
... - Tejal [View Message]

Funny video of a Gym Accident Video