You are here: Home > Message Boards > Relationships >  Womens Issues >Plans for Valentine´ s Day?
Relationships  Discussion Forum

Womens Issues:Plans for Valentine´ s Day?
2008-02-03
Name: Ritika Hi Ladies,

What are your plans for the Valentine' s day??

I am planning to go out for lunch with hubby the previous Saturday...maybe to an Italian or Thai restaurant...on the actual Thursday, we will have a candle light dinner at home (after the baby goes to sleep ofcourse).. )

I am also planning to buy one of those photoframes which contains 4-5 different types of photos...and put all our romantic pix in there and gift it to him on the D day. :)

Any more ideas and suggestions...roll them in...

love,
Ritika

Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2008-02-09
Name: Namita
Subject:  thanks
thanks ritika, i m just waiting for that day when these black clouds will go off and i vl b again same ever happy person
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-02-07
Name: Naini
Subject:  HI
Sorry to but into ur forum I dont' usually post here infact this is the first time but I like to go through some articles as you ladies write some amazing things.

This is my 1st valentines with my hubby, we have been married for 8months only. It is freezing at the moment in the UK so don' t really feel like going out but I have planned a romantic evening at home. I decided to work half day and take the afternoon off to prepare for this evening. Ofcourse first groom myself to look and smell good.

Then am going to make a nice meal, probably pop some champagne or buy a good vintage wine to set the mood. I hope my husband is extremely romantic and he has showered me with a lot of surprises in the last 8 months so this is now my turn to do something for him. Wish me luck!
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-02-09
Name: Ritika
Subject:  Re:
Great to have you in this forum!:)

Your plans sound really good! Hope you have a wonderful time :)

Ritika
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-02-07
Name: Tony S
Subject:  celebrations
Hey Ritika,
After reading all these V-day posts, I got motivated to write something, so I jotted down my feelings. Here goes..

Sure, Valentines day skips a beat of every heart, whether single or not! When I was a college going girl I always imagined and dreamt of a young handsome boy gifting me red roses. Believe me, I never got one rose in my entire college life (hey I am not complaining!) I was pretty contented with looking at those mushy cards and greetings I used to see in all those card shops and of course in the newspaper!
Well, now I would love to celebrate it by remembering that love is not an emotion in itself. It is comprised of many things put together like trust, faith, confidence, mutual understanding, and lust and of course friendship. I am sure all the married people out there are going to agree strongly with me! I would take some time out on this day and be grateful to God for having made our lives so much worth living for. We experience so many different feelings for our loved ones and the basis of those feelings is nothing but love - unconditional love. If any of u ever feel ' i love her/him because she/he is so and so' then mind u, it is a conditional type of love. For unconditional love to happen between a man and a woman, it takes years of togetherness, with moments of affection, passion, fights, arguments, hatefulness, detest, forgiveness, irritation, physical attraction, repulsion also, but NEVER mistrust or ' no-faith' . That is love. Let us all come together to celebrate this feeling of unconditional love. Jaihind.
-With lots of love and strength to all of u,
Tony S

2008-02-09
Thanks Tony S for your beautiful words on love! :)

Have a wonderful V day!

Ritika

2008-02-08
Name: Tony S
Subject:  hey sonu
Hi sonu. thx for remembering me, dear. of course i was in tricky situations, when i think of them, i just literally laugh at them and thank time for having let thme pass by :) ! now life is nice and cool and i am not saying that there r no situations , but i guess i have learnt to handle them in the best way and smile and be happpy all the time, no matter what. well i have been reading messages though. wish u a happy v-day too, sonu. bye, take care.

2008-02-07
Name: sonu
Subject:  hey Tony!!
After looong time I could see u on board.Why r u not participating in anything?
Then, before an year back, u were active here!!I remember u and ur situtaions...

Ur message is wonderful !Wish u a very happy valentines day!

2008-02-07
Name: sss
Subject:  hi
hi Ritika,
Thanks a lot.
sss

2008-02-07
hi Namita,
sad to know that you are upset.hope you will get over this soon.
sss

2008-02-09
Subject:  thanks
thanks sss, even i hope the same

2008-02-06
Subject:  :( first time in last 4 yrs
every year we have some or other paln (which is always made by me) ... he is not so much interested in celebrating V Day . This year infact it didnt even clicked me that V day is coming, after reading your post i happened to look at the calender and was wondering what happened to me.

I m feeling low these days and things are not going appropriate with us. Cant do any cooking or anything at home as i stay with IL' s :( sadest part of my life ... vl get him some flowers or choclate

Njoy ur day :)

2008-02-07
Hi Namita,

Hope you feel better soon...maybe the coming days will be better...just hang in there...sometimes we just need to let the dark clouds pass and the sun will shine again...

love,
Ritika

2008-02-05
Name: Srey
Subject:  No plans...
Cool tread...*Smiles*

On Valentine' s Day, me and my Sweetheart will be working. Yes! you heard right working. =( Thursday is a working day for the both of us.

2008-02-07
hi srey,
its a working day for us too.now you know you cant have that as an excuse :)
sss

2008-02-07
Hi Srey,

Its a working day for both of us too..so we are planning to celebrate it the weekend before AND the weekend after :)

Nice, huh! :)

Ritika

2008-02-04
hi Ritika,
it was nice to read your plans.myself is in my third year of marriage.and on all previous yrs,it was only my hubby who gifted me presents and this time i want a change and want to gift him something nice.our first valentine day together was when we were engaged.he was not here,he was in egypt for official tour.but he didnt forget to arrange for a bouqquet of red roses to be delivered to me.wow!!the thrill it gave me is unforgettable.it was the first time i was experiencing something like this and i was not knowing how to thank him but he told me it was not necessary .
second one was after marriage and he did gift me a saree.for the third one he gave me a gold earring.and this time he promised me a diamond set.actually he is quite excited and couldnt keep this a surprise.so i am also looking forward to the day.but i am confused about how can i do something special for him.please suggest with some ideas.

2008-02-07
Hi sss,

Wallet is a great idea! :) I gave my hubby a pure leather one for our last anniv and he loves it! His last one was also very old and was falling apart...now he takes his new one out proudly whenever he has to.. )

Have a wonderful V day!

Ritika

2008-02-05
Subject:  hi ritika
dear Ritika,
Thanks for your suggestions.actually i was also thinking about a wallet.the one he has is old.hope he will like it if i get him a new one.and i always end up gifting him shirts for his b´ day.so this has to be a different one.also i would cook him a nice dinner with his favourite, mutton curry.
anyway it was nice hearing about your and other friend´ s experiences.loving and being loved by our beloved is the greatest feeling.wish you all a very memorable valentine´ s day.

2008-02-05
Dear sss,

Your hubby is sooo sweet!! :)

What are his hobbies? If he likes reading, you could buy him a nice book...

Or if he uses colognes, then you buy that..or maybe a wallet or a watch...or a shirt, or a T-shirt...

or if all that is too much, then you could cook a nice dinner at home...all his favorite dishes...spread a blanket in your living room, put up some candles and have a romantic picnic/dinner right there at home! :)

Hope this gives you some ideas...
:)

L,
Ritika

2008-02-04
Name: Mehek
Subject:  Hello
I hope you have a wonderful and romantic day ahead...tell us how it went :) Take care
Pages >>  1  2 

All tips on Relationships
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Plans for Valentine´ s Day?

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Relationships
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Relationships
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Womens Issues:Why a Mother Needs Friends
U r all right,being a mom at home can be very lonesome,esp if u r away from ur country and loved ones.My problem is that I' m very socially handicapped..extremely painfully shy.I can' t make myself smile or say hello to anyone..I start shaking or sweating..so how can I make friends?I' m ashamed to say this..a grown up woman with a toddler.When I was working,I had some frie... - Saraohyland Saraohyland [View Message]
help
U r all right,being a mom at home can be very lonesome,esp if u r away from ur country and loved ones.My problem is that I' m very socially handicapped..extremely painfully shy.I can' t make myself smile or say hello to anyone..I start shaking or sweating..so how can I make friends?I' m ashamed to say this..a grown up woman with a toddler.When I was working,I had some frie... - Saraohyland Saraohyland [View Message]
Living with my husband after getting a divorce
I have a question that sound a bit weird for others. What is your opinion about living with my husband after getting a divorce? We have all the problems in the relationship that 90% of married people reading this have in their relationship, neither more nor less. The simplest reason why I think of this is I and my husband individually are very good people. Especially among... - Aruna Tanik [View Message]
Living with my husband after getting a divorce
I have a question that sound a bit weird for others. What is your opinion about living with my husband after getting a divorce? We have all the problems in the relationship that 90% of married people reading this have in their relationship, neither more nor less. The simplest reason why I think of this is I and my husband individually are very good people. Especially among... - Aruna Tanik [View Message]
living with my husband after getting a divorce
RE:How to get back jewellery from mother inlaw?
On the very second day of my marriage, all jewelry(my parents and in laws both) was taken from me and kept in my MIL locker. After that day, even on functions, i dont get jewelry to wear :). At one time, she plainly said "i cant go to locker, i get tired, wear artificial ones. Dont ask for this in future too. Wear artificial". But when my parents or even my daily use items... - KyaKare [View Message]
RE:m I hep u
hello atul,
i have problem so how can i contact you, you just say that call me, but where is your number over here, so share your number, so we can share our problem with u here. and get solution on that.... - niraj [View Message]